Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord V6 6MT ---> EG Civic J swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord V6 6MT ---> EG Civic J swap?

Hello all. I own a 2004 accord v6 6mt, with about 130k miles on it. I was looking into how much it would cost and take to repair and restore my car, and it seems it may be well over 1000$. I had always thought about eventually doing a full swap of my engine and transmission into a lighter, more nimble frame like a civic, and I'm considering going in that direction, instead of dumping more into the accord. I know there is a lot of info out there, but most posts deal with people having to scavenge all the required parts. I suppose I am in a good situation to do this, since I have the car itself and all the parts needed; as fa as I know, I just need an EG shell. I wanted to consult this forum and see from those with experience before I move on with this. I do a lot of work myself, but a full engine/transmission swap sounds quite intimidating. So, my questions are as follows:
-Roughly what will it cost?
-What will I need? (assuming I have my accord and an eg shell)
-How long will it take?
-Is this extremely difficult? (I'm mainly concerned about having the required tools, I don't mind hard work)

Thank you all for any replies.

(Also, is there any way to change my username? It was supposed to be "According.to.Plan")
Old 01-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: Accord V6 6MT ---> EG Civic J swap?

Originally Posted by According.to.pl
Also, is there any way to change my username? It was supposed to be "According.to.Plan")
That name is too long.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by toyomatt84
That name is too long.
cool... So does anyone want to actually answer my question?
Old 01-13-2018, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You really don' want to use the accord motor. But you will want to use the tranny, starter, shift cables, shift box . The ideal motor is a j32a2, j35a4, j35a8. The all have more power and there are more supporting mods out there to buy for the swap to work. I'm using a true 6sp manual swap out of a 03 acura cl-s. .You can also go that route if you like. Just takes a while to find that year car for the true 6sp set up. Just remember if you buy any of those motors that you make sure to also get the engine harness, ecu, key, and immobilizer..
Old 01-25-2018, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 179 Likes on 137 Posts

So you'd be transplanting everything from your car into a civic? The EK has more room than the EG, I think.

You'll need a swap mount kit and custom axles for this, and you'll need to swap sides with the civic radiator.

Both Hasport and Innovative make these mount kits. I prefer and highly recommend Hasport, but they're a bit more $ than Innovative. Hasport kits offer different height options so that you can choose between oil pan clearance and hood clearance. I used the EKJ1 mounts and have a gaping hole in my hood.

For axles, Hasport, Insaneshafts, and Driveshaftshop make them. You'll need to be sure to tell them you're using an accord intermediate shaft as it's different from the Acuras. I used Insaneshafts, but all three of these companies have excellent customer support. DSS is $$$, though. Hasport could be a one-stop-shop for both mounts and axles.

You'll need an upgraded fuel pump (WALBRO!!!) and a fuel pressure regulator Aeromotive and Fuelab make some good ones.

It took me 3 days to get the wiring done. It was killer, but I think it was worth it.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra
So you'd be transplanting everything from your car into a civic? The EK has more room than the EG, I think.

You'll need a swap mount kit and custom axles for this, and you'll need to swap sides with the civic radiator.

Both Hasport and Innovative make these mount kits. I prefer and highly recommend Hasport, but they're a bit more $ than Innovative. Hasport kits offer different height options so that you can choose between oil pan clearance and hood clearance. I used the EKJ1 mounts and have a gaping hole in my hood.

For axles, Hasport, Insaneshafts, and Driveshaftshop make them. You'll need to be sure to tell them you're using an accord intermediate shaft as it's different from the Acuras. I used Insaneshafts, but all three of these companies have excellent customer support. DSS is $$$, though. Hasport could be a one-stop-shop for both mounts and axles.

You'll need an upgraded fuel pump (WALBRO!!!) and a fuel pressure regulator Aeromotive and Fuelab make some good ones.

It took me 3 days to get the wiring done. It was killer, but I think it was worth it.
Whst type of engine harness you use for the swap
Old 06-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 179 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Santiago
Whst type of engine harness you use for the swap
I adapted the 2003 Accord V6 MT harness to the Civic chassis.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:20 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra

I adapted the 2003 Accord V6 MT harness to the Civic chassis.
what wire diagram did you use to complete the harness