Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about my ITR Swap OBD and Disributor related

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about my ITR Swap OBD and Disributor related

Before I start I already have the motor in my car in runs so no n00b questions here. First my set up B18C6(euro ITR) in a 92 VX. When I first start researching the swap alot of people were telling me to switch my distributor and injectors to ODB-I. Then I read a post by "TOM" (forgot his screen name ) and he stated that the OBD-I injectors and distributor were not needed. So for any other opinion I called Jay from Sohfast and he told me to swap the injectors and distributor. But after seeing the number that Tom was putting up I decided not to swap the injectors and distributors I did the swap and never changed the injectors and distribuor. My question is this: Is there any way to determine if I "should have" changed the injectors and distributor? Any thing that I should look for when driving the car? Thanks for all the help just don't wanna screw up my motor or be running at less then 100%. Thanks again.
PS- I hope I never have to type "injectors" and "distributor" again
Old 09-15-2003, 03:07 AM

Default Re: ? about my ITR Swap OBD and Disributor related (Nerv2g)

both the injectors and the distributor are the same, they just use different plugs. obd1 or obd2 the injectors are still 240cc
Old 09-15-2003, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nerv2g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there any way to determine if I "should have" changed the injectors and distributor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only reason that most people switch back to OBD1 parts for an OBD2 swap in EG's is so the stock engine harness is plug and play with those parts. You should have no problem with OBD2 parts are they are simply the same internally, only different plugs.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:11 AM

Default Re: ? about my ITR Swap OBD and Disributor related (VTECVillain)

Thanks for the replies guys I apprecaite it
VTECVILLIAN: I understand what you are saying about the engine harness but I bought my engine wiring from Sohfast (99 GSR) At the time the guy mention that I would need to change my injectors, injector plugs and distributor in order to make the motor run "correctly". I mentioned to him that there are people that are running with the OBD-II parts. His response to this was, "Sure the motor will run but it will not run correctly." Now if it were any other company then Sohfast I would just assume that the guy was trying to make some money that is why I wanted to ask you guys. Thanks again
Old 09-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nerv2g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mentioned to him that there are people that are running with the OBD-II parts. His response to this was, "Sure the motor will run but it will not run correctly." Now if it were any other company then Sohfast I would just assume that the guy was trying to make some money that is why I wanted to ask you guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Chances are they were trying to make $ or just not thoroughly knowledgeable on what works. There is absolutely no downside to using OBD2 parts with an OBD1 ECU. I have a 99 B18C1 in my 92 VX using all OBD2 parts and an OBD1 P72 ECU. I did the install myself nearly 3 years ago, drive it daily and even have it boosted now. I have never had any problems from using OBD2 parts ever.
I know many people running the same style setups and I doubt you will come across anyone that says there are complications with using those parts, that is unless it was defective or something. Use your best judgment and ask around and search on here. I don't want to steer you one way or the other as both ways will work.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:41 AM

Default Re: ? about my ITR Swap OBD and Disributor related (VTECVillain)

Ok thanks man. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I did not want to put my time and money into doing something the wrong way. Plus I my hatch!!!!!!!!!!