Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 civic noon help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 civic noob help

Hey guys, as you can probably deduce from my username on the VW guy and have been modding them since I was 13 years old and currently 32 going on 33 so it's been a while. My post is for a 98 Honda Civic EX 4 door and basically what I would like to know from you guys if you're as knowledgeable as I'm hoping is which motor would be a decent candidate for swapping into this car. And I'm sure plenty of you will say it's not worth swapping anything in there Etc but this thing is severely underpowered and has no torque whatsoever. Granted I am used to a bit more torque driving vw's but this thing is just ridiculous it's hard to enter the highway without downshifting so if you guys have any relatively cheap recommendations I'm wondering if a B18 swap is easy enough that I could have it done over a weekend not knowing the ins-and-outs of Hondas. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions. And money is definitely an issue so the cheaper the better. If I am better off swapping an older motor that has more torque I'm perfectly fine with that for swapping heads or possibly getting a cheap block from a machine shop and having it bored out at cetera. Welcome to all ideas as long as there are fairly cheap but it seems to me pulling a whole lump from the junkyard would probably be the cheapest. Let the comments begin.

ps- sorry if I'm in the wrong forum. This forum doesn't have a tech spot for this gen civic. Not even EG, which I know are very popular (or were, showing my age on that one). Btw, what designation is this bodystyle? (The crappies of civics imo. Which it had the different tails.)

pps- used text to talk so sorry for typos

Last edited by VWMK2Freak; 08-30-2017 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Typos