Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Integra GSR Sedan - Swapping in H22A? Info?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 10:33 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Integra GSR Sedan - Swapping in H22A? Info?

I bought my Integra when my Prelude got stolen, and I must admit that I am longing for the 2.2 Prelude motor's torque and impressive VTEC kick.

Now, my GSR isn't broken or anything, it has 70k miles, it is super powerful, has great idle, and feels very strong and compression feels like new. I just miss the Preude

Besides a quality mount kit, custom axles (I believe a company makes these and is listed in a recent SCC about a similar swap), re-programmed ECU, shaved chassis for fitment, minor wiring modifications, I should realistically be able to swap in a OBD1 H22A+Tranny with little problems, right?

One more question - I don't want to have a worthless ride. People give the H22A motor **** for being too heavy, and maybe it's a little heavier than the GSR motor, but how much is what I am wondering... ? If it's 70 lbs or something, even that isn't awful.

I'm considering doing this if I get a few extra bucks. If anyone can offer their insight, tell me I'm insane, whatever - I would be intersted to hear your comments and insight.

Thanks all,

Spencer
Old 08-21-2001, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 95 Integra GSR Sedan - Swapping in H22A? Info? (Spencer)

well if anyone knows Honda's knows that the H22 can be a real power house , to me its the Big Block of honda's , as of 8/01 the worlds fastest all motor honda was a H22 powered CR-X (R&D Racing) running 10.73@129.8 mph , given that this are race motors but tells you their is alot of potintial in the motor , so man do it , if it turns your crankshaft then i say go for it.