Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94-95 B18C into 93 Integra helpful swap info

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-95 B18C into 93 Integra helpful swap info

This is the info I wish I had before last friday. It is nice to have every thing you need before you start. so for the next guy who does a search I hope you find this and you get every thing you need before you start.
I tried to cover all of the bases for this swap. I will edit the post if I think of anything else. I will also get some pics posted.

94-95 GSR B18C1 into a 93 Integra RS

After you pull the original engine you can see the two B18A’s are very different.
To put this B18C1 in place of your B18A you need to change over the engine mounts. Use your existing B18A1 mounts. They are slightly different than the B18C1 mounts.

This engine comes with a hydraulic transmission, which you can swap for a cable transmission. You can use the B18A cable tranny or any B series Cable tranny Transmission, or you can buy a hydraulic to cable converter. Depending on what transmission you go with 90-91 or 92-up cable transmissions that will determine what clutch you should get. If you get a 91 or older cable transmission you will need a 90-91 Integra clutch assembly. If you go with the 92 up YS1 Cable transmission, you will need a 92 up Integra clutch assembly. Use the matching flywheel and clutch.
Distributor. If this motor comes with the GSR Vtec distributor you can use it. It plugs into your harness. If it didn’t come with one, you can use your B18A distributor but the leg towards the front of the car has to be cut off to allow clearance for the VTEC assembly. You will only have one bolt holding your distributor, but that is adequate. The cap from the b18A will not fit the GSR Vtec distributor because the housing is a bit bigger. Everything else with the distributors is the same (rotor, igniter, coil)

WIRING
I used the P72 ecu that came with the engine
The GSR harness can be used if it is complete and USDM. If this is not the case you can use your existing B18A1 wiring harness. The B18c harness would plug and play except the right hand / left hand drive differences. A few things need to be done. The MAP Sensor wires need to be extended. The MAP Sensor in the 93 is located on the firewall above the intake manifold. The new MAP sensor on the B18c is located on the Throttle body. The Intake Air Temp sensor is also to short and needs to be extended.
Wires need to be added for the Vtec and Secondary Butterflies.
Vtec Solenoid (YEL/GRN) goes to A4
Vtec Oil Pressure 2 wire (BLU) goes to D6 and Black goes to Ground
Knock Sensor goes to D3
IAB Solenoid (secondary Butterflies) the PNK/BLU goes to A17 and the BLK goes to 12v- (ground)
The P72 ECU is going to look for an ELD (elctronic load detector) and the 90-93 Teg's didn't come equipped with an ELD which is typically located underneath the fuse box in the engine bay. Because of this you will get a Code 20 and a CEL. this can be fixed by swaping the fuse box in the engine compartment with one that has the ELD unit.

B] OTHER[/B]
The power steering pump from the 93 B18A won’t bolt up to the 94-95 B18c and the pressure hose from the 93 Teg. DoesnÂ’t bolt up to the 94-95 B18c pump. I was told you can buy a 92-93 Integra GSR B17 pump and it bolts up to the B18c and the pressure hose. And there maybe a hose out there that will bolt up to both the B18c pump and the 93 Integra steering rack.

Throttle cable. Most swaps come with the Throttle cable cut. In this case the B18a throttle cable will not work. I got a throttle cable off of a 84-87 CRX it was perfect length and had the right ends on it. I think that a 94-95 GSR cable may work also.

The short rear most heater hose had to be modified to fit.

An aftermarket 93 Integra intake tube will work. But the bracket that holds the plugs for the harness has to be moved.

The old MAP Sensor and the rest of the stuff on the bracket bolted to the firewall can be removed.

The Vtec comes on smoth at 4400rpm and you can feel the power pulling you along. but the car barks out at 5800rpm when the secondary butterfies open up and pulls even harder. Many people get the secondary butterfies opening confused with the Vtec engagement

Modified by tiresmoke at 3:33 PM 4/15/2004

Modified by tiresmoke at 12:58 PM 4/16/2004

Modified by tiresmoke at 11:33 AM 4/19/2004