Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Ls into 89 DX questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Ls into 89 DX questions

Ok,
Ive read around a bit and i just have a few small questions about this swap.

First being, will I use my ecu and repin some stuff or can I just use the ecu/ wire harness from the LS engine I have. I know that it wouldnt directly plug into the gauge cluster but maybe I can wire that in if it would be easier. As far as the wiring goes, everything ive read is different on each site.

Second, will i need to mess with the shift linkage from the LS engine. I have the dx or the ls linkage if either of them will work. I can weld stuff up as well if necessary.

Third, Will I be able to use the ls axles? I wasnt sure if the lenghts will be correct. I know the dx hubs have the correct splines but i am not sure about lengths.

If anyone has any other info that could help it would be great. I have done motor swaps before but not on Hondas. I work at an acura dealership so i do understand the cars and I can work on them. Just not sure about this specific swap. Thanks a bunch in advance.
Steve J.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You would want to use an obd0 pr4 ecu that is found in a 90-91 integra.

Reuse your stock dpfi (dual point fuel injection) harness and just modify it for mpfi (multi point fuel injection) The wiring is pretty easy, it is just moving a couple wires around at the ecu and splicing about 4 more wires in at the ecu.

I think the ls shift linkage is longer so you can either cut and reweld it or just by an aftermarket shift linkage for a b series into an EF chassis.

You should be able to use the ls axles, but you will also need a mount kit that will mount that b series in your chassis.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome, I think i may have a pr4 layin around at work anyways. Is there a good spot where i can find which wires to splice and move. After i posted I did see that hasport sells shift linkage for like 150 so ill prolly just go with that. Thanks for the quick and helpful response.
Also, I was planning on using the innovative mounts alloy motor mount kit with the 60 A durometer because its gonna be a daily driver. Has anyone had any experience with these mounts?
Thanks again.
Steve J.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Effinmotorworks.com has a pretty good writeup on the dpfi to mpfi conversion. I used it the other day when I wired a friends car. I used the hasport mounts when I had my EF and i loved them so much I went with hasports on my current EK now. I am sure innovative are just as good but, but I love the quality and durrability of hasports.