Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'93 HB Civic w/ Integra suspension swap....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '93 HB Civic w/ Integra suspension swap....

Ok, I need some help.

I'm new to the Honda world, picked up a little '93 Civic HB with a new B20 engine swap for cheap. Got it to NC and was having really bad tire wear, like the alignment was TOTALLY off (All 4 tires, the inside were worn down to the nothing in a matter of a few weeks)

Anyways, send it to my buddy to get some other work done to it (and an alignment / new tires) and he had me come look at the car after he had it up on the lift.

The guy I bought the car from said he had swapped out the Civic suspension / brakes / etc. for Integra parts (I think from a '90 GSR?) and it looks like he has - disc brakes on the back from an integra, and he had AEM big brake kit on the front.

Anyways, the bolt holding the back-left suspension / wheel / brake set up had popped out and the only thing holding the thing in was the mount that was there. Also, the control arms were too long, and whoever did the install cut the one on the right in half, shortened it, and welded it back together, making the one on the left longer than the one on the right. (I'm not the best with suspension part names, it's the little arm that runs sideways from the suspension and mounts to the frame with a bolt and is set up to slide and adjust I think the camber. Please excuse my ignorance of suspension parts :-)

Here are the questions I have:

Is there any secret to an integra suspension / brake swap?
Do you guys know of a walkthrough of a swap I can reference?
What kind of control arm would I need to get to replace the one that is messed up?
Any other advice?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '93 HB Civic w/ Integra suspension swap.... (madbomber1998)

Please refer to this page: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1998336 It's loaded with FAQ's including multiple versions of the suspension swap.

Is there any secret to an integra suspension / brake swap?
No, it's very straight forward, and generally hard to screw up. I did a complete suspension/brake swap on my EH2 from a GSR in less than half a day. Nothing needed to be cut and rewelded, it just bolted right up.

Do you guys know of a walkthrough of a swap I can reference?
See above.

What kind of control arm would I need to get to replace the one that is messed up?
I was under the impression the most common swap for the EG civics is the DC Integra (94-00) parts. I'm not sure if DA is supposed to work easily or not. At any rate, the link you're talking about at the very front of the trailing arm adjust the toe. Is that the part that was cut and rewelded? If so, just replace that. Not really clear on what bolt popped out, and is it stripped, if so there's a lot more to do.

Any other advice?
Once fixed, get new tires and an alignment and enjoy life.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: '93 HB Civic w/ Integra suspension swap.... (Chem Geek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chem Geek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Please refer to this page: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1998336 It's loaded with FAQ's including multiple versions of the suspension swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man :-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chem Geek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there any secret to an integra suspension / brake swap?
No, it's very straight forward, and generally hard to screw up. I did a complete suspension/brake swap on my EH2 from a GSR in less than half a day. Nothing needed to be cut and rewelded, it just bolted right up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmmm....good news for me I guess....still trying to figure out why someone did that then....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chem Geek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What kind of control arm would I need to get to replace the one that is messed up?
I was under the impression the most common swap for the EG civics is the DC Integra (94-00) parts. I'm not sure if DA is supposed to work easily or not. At any rate, the link you're talking about at the very front of the trailing arm adjust the toe. Is that the part that was cut and rewelded? If so, just replace that. Not really clear on what bolt popped out, and is it stripped, if so there's a lot more to do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, I think that's the link. I dunno if the bolt is stripped, but I do know we need to replace the mount that was holding it on.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chem Geek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any other advice?
Once fixed, get new tires and an alignment and enjoy life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup. :-)