Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Del Sol H22a1

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Del Sol H22a1

I recently trade a kid a 96 Accord bone stock lx that needed a head gasket for a 93 DelSol H22a1 about a month ago. The kid couldnt get the car to run good, and yes it did run like shitt... Later finding out the kid had firing order incorrect and spark plugs were all black. I've been skimming through some forums and etc and find some info that could help me. I just thought I would post this for direct answer to me.

-The current setup on the Del sol
P28 running on civic ex harness all obd1
no resistor.
H22a1 w/ internal coil. Previous owner must of modified this.
stock fuel pump
AEM V2 intake
Ebay Headers.
egr unplugged

I'm here In Wi.. cold weather.. And when I go start the car in the morning around 6am it cranks & cranks for a while.. something you can see the rpms jump a lil. but it doesn't turn over. For awhile I thought it could be the fact that it doesn't have a resistor box or just running on wrong harness.. but now that I think harder about it and while observing I realize theres a oil leak by the distributor.. on the cap was a missing bolt and some engine oil surrounding that suface. I never took cap off yet but I realize I will have to look into it... Can that be the possible problem to my issue"?