Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 eg hatch b18c heat saturation intermittent no crank

Old 08-14-2017, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 eg hatch b18c heat saturation intermittent no crank

Hello i have a b18c swapped 92 hatchback that has had some random issues of check engine light coming on at random times so i swapped the plugs and wires and the misfire went away because when going from coasting and removing my foot from the throttle the exaust would no longer pop , once i fixed that about two weeks later i was doing 70 on the interstate on a 15 -20 minute ride , my vehicle made the check engine light come on fully and my car nosedived and the engine shut it self off so i pulled to the side of the road and checked everything to make sure nothing grenaded and everything looked fine and so i tried to start it however it wouldnt crank , the starter would engage and the motor would spin but it was almost like it wasnt getting any fuel , so i left it for about 7 hours and it cranked right up , with this knowledge i and some of my buddies decided it was either , the dizzy , the fuel pump is on its way out , or the ecu got too warm , i know almost nothing about the swap that was done other than they replaced the dizzy with some autozone variety , my plan is to replace all three parts because the pump looks oem , the ecu is p75 chipped maybe and the dizzy is autozone supposidly , i am taking any advice but i would also like to know if i should get the integra pump so the car can have the capacity over the pump from a 92 civic , good brand for a dizzy or maybe this is a common issue