Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 civic HB with B18B motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 civic HB with B18B motor swap

I have a 1992 civic HB thinking about selling:

1992 civic 3-door (started life as a lightweight VX)
B18B swap with approx 80K miles, running very strong.
brand new timing belt with adjustable timing sprockets, dyno tuned
Cold air intake
Kamikaze 4-->1 header
Random Technology Cat
Greddy custom exhaust with Focus muffler
ACT Extreme clutch.
underdrive pulley
working airconditioning. *NO* power steering :-)
94 GS-R 15" rims with AVS-ES100's (low mileage)
Tokiko illuminas with approx 80K miles
Eibach sportline springs.
Eibach sway bars 28mm front 19mm back
Custom front/rear strut braces.
JDM SI-R metric gauges (have original, too)

Clean interior but no rear seats (yet).

I am a first owner of this car.

This is a project car just waiting for a jdm motor, turbo or prelude swap, but I'm getting too old. You could buy the car, drive it hard (it's actually already very fast) and then gradually upgrade. You could gut it and make a sweet dragger out of it, in which case you probably don't care much about the current upgrades. It's a very lightweight car, and the B18B is surprisingly strong by itself, especially off the line. Paint is clean but it has 12 years worth of dings and a scrape on the right quarter panel. Who cares, you're going to paint it and put a body kit on, right? Car spent most of its life in California and Houston and has never seen snow or salt. Stereo works, but you'll want to hear the exhaust instead.

I want about $4.5K. Live in Houston but have ties to L.A. and NY.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 civic HB with B18B motor swap (abam)

what color is the car? any pix? What do you mean by "ties to LA"? does that mean you can get it to CA?

btw, this belongs in the "vehicles for sale" forum
Old 04-27-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: 92 civic HB with B18B motor swap (SilverCIVIC96)

I'll clarify.

The car is white. Original color. The paint is clean given the 12 years its seen.

My parents live in Los Angeles. My sister lives in upstate New York. I'd have a place to stay in either, and if there were a serious inquiry I would drive the car there. Further, I'll be spending July-Sep in Washington D.C. The car is currently in Houston.

I'm considering painting the car and having the dings filled. Would probably get new door skins, possibly rear fascia. The quarter panel scrape would get filled--to much of a pain to replace a quarter panel. Would probably paint either metallic gray or type-R white. Sort of depends on what kind of interest I see.

In any case, I'm replacing the trunk and door seals with brand new OEM. I am also looking to replace the rear seat bench (the backs are fine and clean). Mechanically it's dependable which is my main goal.

I'll try to do pic's this weekend, but it's stock looking except for the drop (about 3.5 cm), the OEM Integra GS-R alloys (debadged) and a recessed big exhaust tip. No rice. The mirrors and door handles are color matched like the Si by a decent body shop.

Obviously there's no sunroof, probably a bonus for this crowd.

--Adam