Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 civic hf obd0 to ob1 / h22 swap... wireing issue.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 civic hf obd0 to ob1 / h22 swap... wireing issue.

Hey all. I need help ironing out my last few electrical issues with my swap..

91 civic hatch dx.

Home made obd0 to obd1 conversion harness. based off dr. latinos pinout

I bassically used the factory engine harness and removed all the wires I didnt need. So the injector wires were pulled and tandon control valve... only thing used on factory engine harness is. egr, tps, ect, eacv, oil press sw.

I ran my own harness to the motor for injectors, vtec sol, vtec press sw, and cyp sen...

here is my issue. all the wiring seems correct. But my factory injector main and aux power wires are shorted together and short to ground. from what I understand the injectors get thwre juice from main relay and ar3 connected to the same pin as the fuel pump right?

so with my engine harness fully detached from the car and my convertion harness unhooked from the obd0 plugs. I still get a short to ground on pins 1 and 6 on the drivers side factory engine harness plug ( measuring the plug that goes to the firewall). these pins ( 1,6 ) test to the main relay like they should. but also test to ground. is there anything that could cause this? the fuel pump runs. my eacv has pos 12v on the black with green wire. my injector wires are dead... there is no way my factory engine harness got smashed during engine swap. and all my mods have been removed to revert the car wiring back to original state for testing. thoughts ? thanks guys.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 91 civic hf obd0 to ob1 / h22 swap... wireing issue.

injectors get power from the yellowblack on the drivers side plug, you have that hooked up right?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Save yourself some trouble, and spend the money on a rywire harness.. The past Two H series Ef cars I've done has had that harness, and I never had any issues.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sirekhatch
Save yourself some trouble, and spend the money on a rywire harness.. The past Two H series Ef cars I've done has had that harness, and I never had any issues.
that does me no good. my issue is with the current chassy harness. all my qork has been undone and issue still exists. why would this harness kit make any difrance when my issue is present with no harness attached?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update :

the civic lives. first off. im a goober. the 2 main injectors power wires on the driver side enginebharness were fine. beeing there on the same circuit as the fuel pump I was measuring the fuel pump aceoss ground. had no clue fuel pumps meter at 1 ohm. took me removing the drivers seat, untapping all the wires under my dash. pulling the fuse panel and tracing wires feom oiint a to b to find nuthung wrong.

after I concluded that the wires were fine I then went back to my issue with a clean mind. after it was all reassenbled voltages were where they needed to be. but car still didnt run.

after some more checks I found my internal coil failed in the middle of me testing this swap. nuthing to do with the wires I wqs playing with. just a random fluke. talk about being stuck in the weeds haha.

thanks for the help guys. my convertion harness works and the cae runs. on too phase 2