Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 speed manual swap and ignition swap gurus i need your help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:31 PM
official honda whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 speed manual swap and ignition swap gurus i need your help

well heres the deal, i picked up an auto 94 teg for pretty cheap with a blown motor, i lost the keys to it and seeings how i havent registered it yet acura wont sell me a new key

so i have a 5 speed gsr parts car that im using for parts to make the ls a 5 speed

when i went to switch the ignitions that way i would have a key, i noticed the auto ignition has 2 more switches?? will my 5 speed key ignition work with the car now that i have it as a 5 speed???

so far i have all the keys switched over, the dash off and the auto pedal assembly out, i have the clutch assembly and fluid line out of the 5 speed

also do i need to use the 5 speed master cylinder???

and any links to good 5 speed swap sites would be appreciated
Old 04-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 5 speed manual swap and ignition swap gurus i need your help (coptzer)

Not really sure about the ignition issue, but I would imagine you can just switch the ignition without any problems. When I did my auto-2-manual swap I noticed that the auto had a couple of things that were different that might be ignition related. First I had to connect the two fat wire that ran to the auto shifter assembly in order to take out the key. I think those extra switches might have something to do with that. Yeah you have to use a manual clutch master cylinder. I found all the info I needed in the archives, search theres tons of good info here. Best of luck to you