Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Door H2b build HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Door H2b build HELP!

Just wana start by saying hi to everyone . Ive been on honda-tech for a while but never really posted much. I started my h2b build about 3 weeks ago and im still nowhere near done. Different problems just keep coming everyday it seems like. I already have all the parts that i need. the block has already been grinded, balance shafts removed, had a machine shop custom make a alt. bracket, phearable ecu should be coming in the next few days. Heres a few pics :

Dirty engine bay

I have alot more pics but ill post em up later....now to my problems

I went to a machine shop earlier today to have my head checked out and they pointed out a few things. all the rockerarms have like an indent on em heres a pic

I took out my oil pan and found a few metal shavings i really do no not wana take the block apart but now i think i kinda have to what do you guys think?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
* B A N N E D *

how big were the shavings? metal in your oil pan is normal, to an extent. if you see flakes that are bigger than a few mm's in diameter, you may have a bad bearing. if its just emtal specks, dont be too concerned. also, those rocker arm pics are too blurry and too far away to make out anything.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 PM

Default Re: (count me out)

Shavings were not big at all but there was deff a decent amount. Were guna take it apart tomorrow and hopefully we dont see anything too bad. Ill try and take some more pics of the rocker arms and i actually have 2 h22 heads so ill take pics of both of the rocker arms so you can see the difference . IF its really nothing big hopefully the car will be running in a week