Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd gen teg - b17a (gsr) into gs

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 10:08 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gen teg - b17a (gsr) into gs

I'm putting my built b17a from my 92 GSR into my 92 GS right now. My only question after looking everything over is what to do with the engine harness. Should I use the b17a harness with the b17a when I put it in the GS? That was my original plan, but on each car there is an extra connector on one side of the engine harness. On the GS body, there is a 6 pin connector that goes into the firewall on the drivers side. On the GSR body, there is an 8 pin connector that goes into the large loom of wires that goes to the ECU on the passenger side.

Is my best bet to go with the harness that goes with the car? If I do that all I need to do is run 3 extra wires for VTEC and 1 for the knock sensor to the ECU? Any other concerns I should have with this swap? Anyone know what these extra connectors are for on each car - the helms manual doesn't seem to help. The helms says the 8 pin on the passenger side of the GSR is for an automatic tranny, but the GSR doesn't even have that option.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 2nd gen teg - b17a (gsr) into gs (Brian_92GSR)

I'm putting my built b17a from my 92 GSR into my 92 GS right now. My only question after looking everything over is what to do with the engine harness. Should I use the b17a harness with the b17a when I put it in the GS? That was my original plan, but on each car there is an extra connector on one side of the engine harness. On the GS body, there is a 6 pin connector that goes into the firewall on the drivers side. On the GSR body, there is an 8 pin connector that goes into the large loom of wires that goes to the ECU on the passenger side.

Is my best bet to go with the harness that goes with the car? If I do that all I need to do is run 3 extra wires for VTEC and 1 for the knock sensor to the ECU? Any other concerns I should have with this swap? Anyone know what these extra connectors are for on each car - the helms manual doesn't seem to help. The helms says the 8 pin on the passenger side of the GSR is for an automatic tranny, but the GSR doesn't even have that option.
hmm...
If it were me, I'd just keep the GS harness w/ the GS chassis & add the wires for vtec and the KS.