Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 gsr immobilizer

Old 01-08-2003, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 gsr immobilizer

Hey guys...we jsut finished my engine swap and i got a 2001 gsr ecu...unfortunately it has one of thsoe immobilizers on it..Does anyone know how i can go about disabling it?? I know theres pins to change but i dont know which ones..Thanx
Old 01-08-2003, 08:56 AM

Default Re: 2001 gsr immobilizer (OptimusPrime2k)

if the motor is legit you can get the code from Acura. Other way to do it is get a 96 ecu, without the immboilizer
Old 01-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2001 gsr immobilizer (bigblockEG)

if the motor is legit you can get the code from Acura. Other way to do it is get a 96 ecu, without the immboilizer
Umm... you sir are retarded and have no idea what you are talking about. There is no "code" to be obtained from Acura. Maybe if he had an immobilzed ignition switch, and necessary wiring, and the ECU, *THEN* he could have Acura make him a key with the right code built into it, but whole idea is retarded.

There are people on h-t that can disable the immobilizer for you. Whether they open it up and solder something, or do something else, I have no clue... Only a few places/people know how to do it. Be aware if you take this route, your CEL will come on every time you start your car and give you a code (forgot the #) that is "Internal Circuit Failure" because the ECU knows the immobilizer is disabled. I had a 2000 ITR ecu with the immob. disabled and the CEL bugged the hell out of me 'cause I could never tell if another "Real" code had come up and I wasn't aware of it. I sold the ECU and got a obd2-obd1 harness and I now run a chipped p28.

You could run a 96-99 INtegra ECU but it will not plug into your ECU plugs. You would need a obd2b to obd2a harness convertor. IF you're going to do that then you may as well go obd1 'cause the ECU's are chippable and hondata-able.

-T