Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 Auto Civic EX, How do i take crank pulley nut off w/ out havign to you high dollar tools??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Auto Civic EX, How do i take crank pulley nut off w/ out havign to you high dollar tools??????

Grrrrrrrr... how the HELL do i get the crank pulley nut off?????? I have an automatic now so engine spins freely from wheels right?? how do i get it off w/ out having to use a high dollar tool. I dont have time to order the tool because i need it off tomorrow and this is my only transportation.... help please!
Old 05-13-2003, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 1995 Auto Civic EX, How do i take crank pulley nut off w/ out havign to you high dollar tools??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Typesi2nv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Grrrrrrrr... how the HELL do i get the crank pulley nut off?????? I have an automatic now so engine spins freely from wheels right?? how do i get it off w/ out having to use a high dollar tool. I dont have time to order the tool because i need it off tomorrow and this is my only transportation.... help please!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need a special tool to hold the pully in place, then you need to break the bolt free. They usually take around 250+ ftlbs of pressure to break free. Not easy by any means.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1995 Auto Civic EX, How do i take crank pulley nut off w/ out havign to you high dollar tools??

hey,

yea i know... Honda sells the tool, some places rent the tool (cant find a place in the phone book that does ) and a place online sells it for liek $60 shipped. I need it today.. not 2-3 weeks later when shipping gets hear. i need an alternative to it
Old 05-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Typesi2nv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey,

yea i know... Honda sells the tool, some places rent the tool (cant find a place in the phone book that does ) and a place online sells it for liek $60 shipped. I need it today.. not 2-3 weeks later when shipping gets hear. i need an alternative to it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, my dad and I made a tool out of a chunk of iron and a galvanized pipe fitting. You might be able to do the same depending on if you have access to a welder. The other option is to hit it with an air gun. A good air gun will do 600ftlbs of force in reverse and should pop it right out. Hope this helps.