Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 Del Sol S - Engine swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Del Sol S - Engine swap questions

Alright! I have a question about a couple of swaps! The swaps in question will be the b18c5 swap, the H22a swap and the H23a swap. I wouldn't mind information about the h2b swaps on any of the h series engines. Anyways my question are, which of these swaps will be superior for the performance of my vehicle? Which one will have the most potential in the long run? Which will cost the most out of the 3 to swap (this can include h2b suggestions)? Which will be easier and cheaper to do an auto to manual transmission swap while I do the engine swap?

I've been looking at some of the threads on the site but quite a bit are outdated. I may have some other questions as the thread goes on. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:15 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Re: 1993 Del Sol S - Engine swap questions

There are 3944985734975324 threads about this topic. SEARCH......
Old 06-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as the general question will be what is this cars intensions? track/ drag / street/weekend speeder beater!

also are you talking all motor/ turbo?

h2b/f2b puts down power! and alot of ppl are doin it
but mostly dragsters iv noticed! cost is upthere.

b18c type r or usdm c5
is a pretty pennies motor and will most likey cost the most of allthe swaps

b16s are comman good for daily and to have fun but are torqueless if you dont help them out!
iv owned a b16 and must say with type r cams it really free'd the motor up with a ys1 4.4 trans it was a blast to drive!

ls/b20 is a great up grade with a short gear trans like the b16 good torque the motors

lsv/b20v are awesome builds! if done right and are probably cheaper then most bmotor swaps
but can cost if you plan to make it as most reliable as you can. iv owned a lsv and all i got to say is it ripped!

i now own a gsr with minor bolt ons + rcams and running a r ecu but im holding the motor bak with my ls trans!
it is my daily beater and really nice to punch it! its on demand power has a crazy nice crossover and still zips threw gears but for me it either needs a shortr gear trans or a good shot of nitrious one of the 2 will be my nxt upgrade. ill heading to the track soon i no its gunna be fun cuz one thing bout the ls trans it puts in work on that topend speed!

and last with a good tune any motor listed is a beast!
good luck on your decision
Old 06-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the reply! I did some research for a couple days and I decided on the b18c5. This car is definitely going to be my daily beater. The b18 seems to be a solid choice. It's expensive but it seems to be worth it in my opinion. Like the middle between the h2b and the b16. Although, the H2B is definitely looking superior and is cheaper. I really look forward to trying out the b18c5 and I feel like that swap will be the one for me after doing all the research. I will also be doing an automatic to manual conversion during the swap so that should be fun too!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Auto to manual isn't to bad eg parts all fit in perfectly local junk yard has it all

B18c5 will be very costly but if u want it get it. But personally for the money of a b18c5 you can have something like a lsv b20v reliable build or even a gsr with mods and be way more happier than having a b18c5. But either way there all great motors to have. Even a n/a VTEC build is fun. I have heird of many happy owners of b20s non VTEC with a short gear trans like the b16 or even itr trans with head work, and cams so thats another thing to look into