Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Official H2B Discussion thread **

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (4door_demon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I can handle the wire extensions, I got my eye on an OBD2 GSR harness right now.

Is the pulley chipped beyound good use? If its still usable and already modified to single belt, Ill take it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's usable, it has not been machined though. I'll take some pics and if you want it I can have it machined with a couple others I'm having done.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's usable, it has not been machined though. I'll take some pics and if you want it I can have it machined with a couple others I'm having done.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, IM me pics and price, when you can.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, heres another one(sorry) about the balance shaft eliminator:

im sitting here looking at kaizen's website and wondering if removing the shafts hurts the engine at all, or just produces vibration? Also, what timing belt do you use when they are removed? or do the balance shafts not affect that at all?

ONE OTHER QUESTION: http://www.aj-racing.com/catal...age=1
At that link they have a single row crank pulley for $88. Im assuming that by single row it means that it have one additional pulley for the alternator? Not just for the timing belt, that would be kind of impossible, wouldnt it? Im sorry, im just making 100% sure im good to order this stuff.

Thanks for the help! Im gonna start ordering stuff soon!

EDIT: just think, soon, with all my damn questions, we can make a sticky with common questions asked! Sorry if im being annoying. I really appreciate the help though!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PhoebeusFenix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So lets see if I can get ALL my questions into one post instead of making multiple ones and clogging up this thread(im sorry for that by the way)

I am running a eg hatch if this will help with any questions I have:

1. What is the purpose of removing the balance shafts? Does this throw the engine out of balance and cause any adverse side affects? Is there a special elimination kit to remove these shafts? I guess I also do not even know where they are located, but when I get my engine I can find that out.

2. I have seen aluminum 1 belt crank pulleys, is this a good idea since I dont have p/s or a/c anyway?

3. On the Explicitspeed website they say they can make the upper/lower kits for us h2b guys that removed the balance shafts and are 1/2" over to the passenger side. Is this needed? Or can I just get a regular kit for using a sohc alternator on a h22? Should I contact explicit regarding this question?

4. Also on explicit's website they mention to tell them if we ued the Kaizen speed balance shaft eliminator kit, why would htis be? Do the balance shafts effect the alternator in any way? I guess i dont understand why they would need to know if that was needed.

5. I have a p03 ecu, could I send this to someone to have it "chipped" with a h22a basemap? If so, would the knock sensor need to be put on the chip as well? I am not sure if h22a's have knock sensors. Also, what is the deal with the butterfly's? Are these a good thing to have or no? If not, how do you disable them.

5. Why are some people running a resistor box to the injectors? Would the injectors I am using on my b16a work? Probably not correct? Are they different cc or something?

I am planning on buying a bunch of my stuff before I buy the motor which is why im asking these questions. I already bought a sohc alternator($30 shipped, not bad eh?)

Next I would imagine would be the alternator kit and possibly the balance shaft eliminator kit?

Then Ill need to mess with my ecu and figure out any wiring issues. Also I need a new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate which I can get ahold of for fairly cheap.

Funny how all this stuff adds up and this isnt even taking into account the h2b kit, motor, and motor mount inserts that I need.

Gonna be a tad more expensive than I thought unfortunately, but Ive got time, I just have to calm myself down cause right now im really wound up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok here ya go

1) Balance shafts reduce engine vibration, it's a comfort deal that free's up 3whp, dyno proven. It's a belt driven system right outside of the T-Belt (driven by a seperate belt off the crank).

2) Harmonics play a role in bearing wear, read up and make a decision. Altering the stock pulley is much cheaper although I would love to get my hands on a Euro-R single belt oem pulley.

3&4) I am the one that requested a kit 1/2" over. I wouldn't recommend this on any true daily driven street car becasue you cannot run a lower t-belt cover. I don't see how the balance shafts have any effect on the alternator bracket kit because the alternator belt rides on the outside of the balance shaft belt/gears. Either the upper or lower kit can be utilized. Steveo is running the lower kit and I'm running a upper kit modified (1/2" over).

5) Yes, you can run a P30, P28, P06 whatever, just PM turbogixxer and he can hook you up. The Knock sensor, IAB's and whatever else cann be added, modified or whatever else you may need.

6) B16 injectors are way too small. Basically peak and hold injectors need a resistor pack and those injectors came on OBD1 H22's (345cc). You can alos run a saturated injector without the resistir pack like most B series had or a OBD2 prelude H22 290cc saturated injector. I run saturated 370 RC's on my p28 with no IAB's.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright, first of all I am going to plead idiot. and since you all seem nice here, I am going to ask you. I am picking up an h22a, and the H2B kit, and I understand everything about the physical motor swap. but I dont understand the wiring, I have a 4 dr acura el, (ek) and I am going to have a prelude ecu, can someone tell me why I cant just hook everything up to that since thats the stock ecu with he motor? the only thing I can understand not directly plugging in is the gauge cluster.. Ive seen stuff about splicing this and splicing that, Im very confused, and I need some advice.. please help the dunce. feel free to pm me if this is to off topic. thanks alot everyone, there is some niice h22a here.

ps. rad racing were did you get that valve screw cap, it looks sweet.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (acura_el2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acura_el2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright, first of all I am going to plead idiot. and since you all seem nice here, I am going to ask you. I am picking up an h22a, and the H2B kit, and I understand everything about the physical motor swap. but I dont understand the wiring, I have a 4 dr acura el, (ek) and I am going to have a prelude ecu, can someone tell me why I cant just hook everything up to that since thats the stock ecu with he motor? the only thing I can understand not directly plugging in is the gauge cluster.. Ive seen stuff about splicing this and splicing that, Im very confused, and I need some advice.. please help the dunce. feel free to pm me if this is to off topic. thanks alot everyone, there is some niice h22a here.

ps. rad racing were did you get that valve screw cap, it looks sweet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This thread goes over all the wiring

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/650329

It's not a big deal to wire it up. Also you can just use your EK harness and modify it btw.....no need to use the prelude harness unless you need a couple connectors from it (depends on the motor).

Old 05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just fixed my post on the previous page, I was incorrect when I said the starter signal wire needs to be lengthened (I was thinking about the H tranny).
Old 06-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sooo, what header are you guys\gals running? Looking for responses from full exhaust peeps, but I suppose those running open header can answer as well.....

On my last H I ran the Hotshot 4-1 2peice, but since the damn thing fell apart on me at the track, I would like to look elsewhere.(we repaired the header with peices of fencing found at the track )
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sooo, what header are you guys\gals running? Looking for responses from full exhaust peeps, but I suppose those running open header can answer as well.....

On my last H I ran the Hotshot 4-1 2peice, but since the damn thing fell apart on me at the track, I would like to look elsewhere.(we repaired the header with peices of fencing found at the track )</TD></TR></TABLE>

SIX SIGMA/DTR header here

The RMF seems like a good header as well, two month wait from what I have heard.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:43 AM
amy

i have a hacked up DC sport for now, I'll be looking into a good header once my car is up and running HOPEFULLY TONIGHT
Old 06-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nevermind, just talked to them(RMF) and they are gonna be making an H2B specific header.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nevermind, just talked to them(RMF) and they are gonna be making an H2B specific header. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, based on Randy's header I'm sure
Old 06-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Shooting Star

I know that the b series starter is used, but wont one type work and another type will not work?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
amy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nevermind, just talked to them(RMF) and they are gonna be making an H2B specific header. </TD></TR></TABLE>

nice
Old 06-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (amy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nice </TD></TR></TABLE>

He said there is an 8-10 week waiting list, so if you want one better get crackalackin.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, based on Randy's header I'm sure </TD></TR></TABLE>

talking about this one? i think the newer h2b headers are going to be alittle bit different. we'll see if this one makes power with our setup...

here it is in the car

here is a header i might be selling very soon.........pm for details!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (AllMotorRandy)

header looks nice! Does anyone have a jdm h22 obd-1 dizzy for sale? Let me know,Surge
here's what I picked up today

Modified by 2FAST4U831 at 8:13 PM 6/1/2006
Old 06-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Shooting Star

looks like that motor has seen better days.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm really 2slow

Default Re: (vtecspeed1320)

motor is pretty good I did a leakdown test at the spot before buying it. Got her for $850+tax without dizzy
Old 06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2FAST4U831)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2FAST4U831 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">motor is pretty good I did a leakdown test at the spot before buying it. Got her for $850+tax without dizzy </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mind sharing the locale?

Also anyone know if the alternators are OBD specific?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm really 2slow

Attarco in Modesto hooked it up
Old 06-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also anyone know if the alternators are OBD specific?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yah they are but as long as you have the right plug your golden
Old 06-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

MUST RANT:

I just treated myself to a sohc alternator and the explicitspeed upper d series oem alternator kit for when I get my h22a longblock and h2b kit.

Got the alternator for $30 and the explicitspeed part for $78(Explicitspeed has some kick @$$ customer service, and I will defiantely be shopping there again).

I did this because I just avoided a speeding ticket that would have crippled my driving career. It was a 89 mph in a 35 zone. Now mind you, I did not commit the offense. Remember I just have a 92 hatch with a b16a in it, so this is why beating a 2.3l turbo mustang hyped me up.

STORY:
Last weekend I was driving around and this 2.3l turbo mustang wanted to mess with me. So we raced outside of town and I smoked him, I was psyched. So later I was cruising around and he goes flying past me on this 2 lane road, me on the right lane, him in the left. He gets about 2 car lengths ahead, nails his breaks and gets behind me. Just then I see the cops headlights go on in a deserted field to the left and he tears out after me.

89mph in a 35mph zone - $400 and a huge increase in insurance.

Luckily I remembered I had a girlfriend whos dad is the head sheriff and has a lot of connections. He originally told me to fight it, then last night she called and told me he got the ticked COMPLETELY DISMISSED. I figured it was a sign, that I needed to buy more h22 parts

Cliffs: New h22 parts! $400 speeding ticket dismissed b/c knowing people in high places does pay off sometime!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PhoebeusFenix)

Looks good Surge
Old 06-02-2006, 09:43 AM
amy

Default Re: (AllMotorRandy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AllMotorRandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">talking about this one? i think the newer h2b headers are going to be alittle bit different. we'll see if this one makes power with our setup...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i want that

Quick Reply: **Official H2B Discussion thread **