Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Official H2B Discussion thread **

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:04 PM
amy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (vtecspeed1320)

nice slicks - i guesss i'll try and scrounge some up before i go to the track
Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just looking at the D series alt brackets for the H2B, which one are you all running? the upper or the lower?

Will these brackets work with the crank pully in its stock location AND with it moved in the 1\2 inch? Or does it just work with the pulley moved in?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
amy

Default Re: (4door_demon)

I ordered the lower H series alternator one from explicit speed

Email him at expilicitspeed360@aol.com

He makes them for the OEM spec or for those who have removed the balance shafts
Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (amy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ordered the lower H series alternator one from explicit speed

Email him at expilicitspeed360@aol.com

He makes them for the OEM spec or for those who have removed the balance shafts</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will do.

Is yours a DD? The only concern I would have with the lower mount would be water when it rains(mine will be DD).
Old 05-30-2006, 07:23 PM
amy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will do.

Is yours a DD? The only concern I would have with the lower mount would be water when it rains(mine will be DD).</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea mine is going to be, well during the warmer months...

well i have a plastic piece under my bumper which i think will deflect most of the water.. I m not too concerned with water though...
Old 05-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (Rad Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rad Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After 6 months of having this kit, I haven't shown any pics of the motor or the car so here it is. So here's a test of one, I will put up more later. I figure the H2B FAQ area would be a good place to show it.

It's a completely internally stock H22, we're actually changing a few things on it, so the motor is out of it right now. It's on a mediocre shot of nitrous with an ITR tranny.

Modified by Rad Racing at 8:09 PM 5/30/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sic
Old 05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: **Official H2B thread (skunked)

Car looks sick Rad
Old 05-30-2006, 09:28 PM
amy

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (2FAST4U831)

suspension- check
wiring - check
crank pulley - no check
Old 05-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Bart Taylor Look-alike

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sic </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2FAST4U831 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Car looks sick Rad </TD></TR></TABLE>

and Thanks

I can't wait to get some time in the next couple weeks to get it back running again, I haven't had to time to work on it lately. It's soo much fun to drive, kinda, I say kinda because on street tires, damn thing gets NO TRACTION

Old 05-31-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (amy)

looks good!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Few more q's and I think I have a handle on everything necassary for this swap.

1)- throttle cable- do I just use my be series cable?

2)- If I use my B series harness, would any other wires need to be extended other than the altinator wiring?
Old 05-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (amy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

suspension- check
wiring - check
crank pulley - no check </TD></TR></TABLE>

Amy you think there is any room for some ITB's there???
Old 05-31-2006, 06:27 AM
amy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Few more q's and I think I have a handle on everything necassary for this swap.

2)- If I use my B series harness, would any other wires need to be extended other than the altinator wiring?</TD></TR></TABLE>

throttle cable is a b series - at least mine is, i just used it with a stock h22 throttle cable 'stay'

i used my ex/si harness (my car is obd1) the only thing i had to extend were my dizzy wires but thats because the guy i got the motor from left me about 1" of wiring.. so yea just the Alt. wires

Yea there's always room for ITBs
Old 05-31-2006, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Few more q's and I think I have a handle on everything necassary for this swap.

2)- If I use my B series harness, would any other wires need to be extended other than the altinator wiring?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just used my GSR throttle cable. The harness needs the alternator wires lengthened.

Modified by skunked at 9:34 PM 5/31/2006
Old 05-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Guess I better get to collecting al this misc **** then, looks like I can have most of it for less than couple bills.

After I have all the **** I need minus the H motor, I need to focus on other areas of the car, suspension, fuel, brakes...............

Building from scratch blows.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I just used my GSR throttle cable. The harness needs the starter signal and alternator wires lengthened.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, Ill just send it to you along with an H pulley and you can do that for me.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anybody got an extra H22 crank pulley lying around?
Old 05-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got a general h22 question guys.

I have a guy here with a h22a4 with about 50,000 miles on it. He is wanting to get rid of the engine, tranny, axles, everything for $1500. Should I take it? Or should I get a h22a instead? How much of a difference is there?

Also, the alternator issue:

I just bought a sohc alternator and was wondering do you use that kit from explicit to get it to mount up front or are all h22's alternators up front and it will bolt right up? Then I just need the explicit part.

Also since I dont have powersteering or a/c or anything, a single belt crank pulley is recommended right? Probably required to clear the frame rail huH?
Old 05-31-2006, 07:29 AM
amy

Default Re: (PhoebeusFenix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got a general h22 question guys.

I have a guy here with a h22a4 with about 50,000 miles on it. He is wanting to get rid of the engine, tranny, axles, everything for $1500. Should I take it? Or should I get a h22a instead? How much of a difference is there?

I just bought a sohc alternator and was wondering do you use that kit from explicit to get it to mount up front or are all h22's alternators up front and it will bolt right up? Then I just need the explicit part.

Also since I dont have powersteering or a/c or anything, a single belt crank pulley is recommended right? Probably required to clear the frame rail huH?</TD></TR></TABLE>

personally i would take that guys offer, you can sell all his h22 stuff you don't need and make some money off of it... i paid 1100 dropped off at my front door for just my longblock so i'd take it

yes explicit makes the kit for a d-series alternator also, so you can just use that.

I'm not sure about the crank pulley- i think you may still have some clearance issues if you shave off the p/s pulley but i wouldn't know since i bashed in my frame rail already
Old 05-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its damn tempting. I dont know if he would go lower on the price, but then again, I also dont know how I would ship the tranny and stuff like that... I dont know if fedex takes that kind of stuff..

Also the motor is obd2, so that is one more thing I would have to buy. I can get a longblock h22a for $1295 flat.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, Ill just send it to you along with an H pulley and you can do that for me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can if you don't want to do it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody got an extra H22 crank pulley lying around?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have another but it has a couple chips on it.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got a general h22 question guys.

Also since I dont have powersteering or a/c or anything, a single belt crank pulley is recommended right? Probably required to clear the frame rail huH?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Be careful buying and "A4" block....some are ATTS blocks and cannot be used with the QSD kit. Even to bolt up a regular H22 5 speed tranny would require some mods so the intermediate shaft will bolt up.

Either the lower or upper exlpicit kit will work. And yes, the single pulley is needed for clearance purposes (frame rail to pulley).
Old 05-31-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also since I dont have powersteering or a/c or anything, a single belt crank pulley is recommended right? Probably required to clear the frame rail huH?</TD></TR></TABLE>Make sure the h22a4 did not have that ATTS crap or else it wont work with the H2B
Old 05-31-2006, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So lets see if I can get ALL my questions into one post instead of making multiple ones and clogging up this thread(im sorry for that by the way)

I am running a eg hatch if this will help with any questions I have:

1. What is the purpose of removing the balance shafts? Does this throw the engine out of balance and cause any adverse side affects? Is there a special elimination kit to remove these shafts? I guess I also do not even know where they are located, but when I get my engine I can find that out.

2. I have seen aluminum 1 belt crank pulleys, is this a good idea since I dont have p/s or a/c anyway?

3. On the Explicitspeed website they say they can make the upper/lower kits for us h2b guys that removed the balance shafts and are 1/2" over to the passenger side. Is this needed? Or can I just get a regular kit for using a sohc alternator on a h22? Should I contact explicit regarding this question?

4. Also on explicit's website they mention to tell them if we ued the Kaizen speed balance shaft eliminator kit, why would htis be? Do the balance shafts effect the alternator in any way? I guess i dont understand why they would need to know if that was needed.

5. I have a p03 ecu, could I send this to someone to have it "chipped" with a h22a basemap? If so, would the knock sensor need to be put on the chip as well? I am not sure if h22a's have knock sensors. Also, what is the deal with the butterfly's? Are these a good thing to have or no? If not, how do you disable them.

5. Why are some people running a resistor box to the injectors? Would the injectors I am using on my b16a work? Probably not correct? Are they different cc or something?

I am planning on buying a bunch of my stuff before I buy the motor which is why im asking these questions. I already bought a sohc alternator($30 shipped, not bad eh?)

Next I would imagine would be the alternator kit and possibly the balance shaft eliminator kit?

Then Ill need to mess with my ecu and figure out any wiring issues. Also I need a new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate which I can get ahold of for fairly cheap.

Funny how all this stuff adds up and this isnt even taking into account the h2b kit, motor, and motor mount inserts that I need.

Gonna be a tad more expensive than I thought unfortunately, but Ive got time, I just have to calm myself down cause right now im really wound up.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

I can if you don't want to do it.

I have another but it has a couple chips on it.....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can handle the wire extensions, I got my eye on an OBD2 GSR harness right now.

Is the pulley chipped beyound good use? If its still usable and already modified to single belt, Ill take it.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So lets see if I can get ALL my questions into one post instead of making multiple ones and clogging up this thread(im sorry for that by the way)

I am running a eg hatch if this will help with any questions I have:

1. What is the purpose of removing the balance shafts? Does this throw the engine out of balance and cause any adverse side affects? Is there a special elimination kit to remove these shafts? I guess I also do not even know where they are located, but when I get my engine I can find that out.

2. I have seen aluminum 1 belt crank pulleys, is this a good idea since I dont have p/s or a/c anyway?

3. On the Explicitspeed website they say they can make the upper/lower kits for us h2b guys that removed the balance shafts and are 1/2" over to the passenger side. Is this needed? Or can I just get a regular kit for using a sohc alternator on a h22? Should I contact explicit regarding this question?

4. Also on explicit's website they mention to tell them if we ued the Kaizen speed balance shaft eliminator kit, why would htis be? Do the balance shafts effect the alternator in any way? I guess i dont understand why they would need to know if that was needed.

5. I have a p03 ecu, could I send this to someone to have it "chipped" with a h22a basemap? If so, would the knock sensor need to be put on the chip as well? I am not sure if h22a's have knock sensors. Also, what is the deal with the butterfly's? Are these a good thing to have or no? If not, how do you disable them.

5. Why are some people running a resistor box to the injectors? Would the injectors I am using on my b16a work? Probably not correct? Are they different cc or something?

I am planning on buying a bunch of my stuff before I buy the motor which is why im asking these questions. I already bought a sohc alternator($30 shipped, not bad eh?)

Next I would imagine would be the alternator kit and possibly the balance shaft eliminator kit?

Then Ill need to mess with my ecu and figure out any wiring issues. Also I need a new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate which I can get ahold of for fairly cheap.

Funny how all this stuff adds up and this isnt even taking into account the h2b kit, motor, and motor mount inserts that I need.

Gonna be a tad more expensive than I thought unfortunately, but Ive got time, I just have to calm myself down cause right now im really wound up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1) Kaisan Speed makes a balancer shaft removal kit. It utilizes a billet peice that re[places a ger behind the crank pulley. This is why explicit needs to know. Without the gear or spacer it moves the pulley in 1/2", which is why they have 2 different brackets. I beleive this answers 3 & 4 as well.

2) dont know, Id rather run an OEM pulley.

5) resister box is for running H22 injectors(peak & hold I beleive) B series injectors are sateration and it will need to be in the ECUs programming to run them. I am still working on this part as well as I dont want to run the resistor box.

Quick Reply: **Official H2B Discussion thread **