Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***need help ls eg swap allready did search***

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***need help ls eg swap allready did search***

ok i have a 1992 eg hatch i droped a 1995 ls motor in it 2 things i have ran into
1.exhaust wont bolt up i have a apex n1 exhaust and dcsports headers and the headers are about an inch or 2 away from the cat and also the flanges dont line up do you guys just go to muffler shops and get them to fabricate sumthing or does a company make a test pipe or sumthing that would work im gussing i would need an integra test pipe due to the flages and length let me know what you guys have found works best.

and number 2 . i cant get the car into reverse im using 95 integra shift linkage and no matter what i do it wont slip into reverse brand new clutch and throwout bearing is installed and brank new trans fluid car goes into all other gears easy with no grinds ive tryed 1st then reverse that dosent work also tryed a slow rool and them slamign it in to reverse but it doesent even grind like the shift linkage isent engaging the shift fork for the reverse gear but the shift linkage dident look bent

ive been a tech working on honda for 4 years now and it just sucks that i payed 2 grand and my car is worse off then before the swap but its cool i guess its just part of the process i apericate all your help

thanks
Old 06-08-2003, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***need help ls eg swap allready did search*** (hondatech1)

Yes, for the exhaust, I would recommend you visit the Muffler shop and they will be able to make it fit.

As for the Reverse, I'd make sure the linkage is not bent in anyway, and try rolling back very slowly while trying to get into reverse. Also try putting it into 1st and then try putting it in.

HTH.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:53 PM

Default Re: ***need help ls eg swap allready did search*** (poison)

my tranny did the same thing to me. it worked for the first day after i got it running, then it just wouldnt go into reverse anymore. i had to push it out of my driveway and parking spaces for two days( luckily it's a gutted hatch). then i just happened to try it agin on the third day, and it went in. it has worked ever since but sometimes it will grind if i dont hold it in reverse while letting out the clutch. i really dont know what was or is wrong, but just keep trying for the next couple of days.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:02 PM

thanks for the info n-body else have sugestions does snybody make a test pipe for swaps ?

thanks
Old 06-09-2003, 08:46 AM

Default Re: ***need help ls eg swap allready did search*** (hondatech1)

Well - Can't help with the distance issue, but this is how I mated my B18B1 header to my stock EG cat - In which the flanges did not line up - Check the pics. Its a little difficult to install, but it is still working well for me, and its a tight, leak-proof connection. (make sure to use the crush gasket)

1.) Put a typical $1.50 metal pipe clamp/hanger (U -shaped) around each flange (loosely for now) on the opposite side of the connection

2.) Snake two worm style hose clamps around each of those U-shaped hangers on ether side of the flanges

3.) As you tighten the hose clamps, it will pull on the U-shaped clamps together, which pull on the flanges, which close the connection

4.) When that's done, tighten down the U-shaped clamps

It takes a little patience, but that connection is working well (for now, at least until I upgrade exhaust). Check the pics - PM or email me if you want a little more detail -

Cheers

eehh -Just realized i don't know how to add a pic in here - Have to read the how-to - I'm new to the board....