Honda-Tech News Main page blog post discussions and the News Archive

Mr. Regular loves him a Civic...

Old 02-09-2017, 09:23 PM
HT Town Crier

Default Mr. Regular loves him a Civic...

I love these videos, but I hadn't seen the Civic one until I saw it on the homepage. I guess sometimes Miata isn't the answer? Ha ha.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Corvette Forum Member

Default Re: Mr. Regular loves him a Civic...

Wow. Excellent video haha! I can relate to this dude 110%. I feel so ooooolllllddddd.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:36 AM
HT Town Crier

Originally Posted by LiteraCola View Post
Wow. Excellent video haha! I can relate to this dude 110%. I feel so ooooolllllddddd.
Ha ha! I know, when I think of my '90 Accord, it still seems like a "new" car to me.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:27 AM
#1 Super Guy

I was really surprised how little research he did on this one. Yes the EH2 is fantastic, but I think he really missed a lot. The VX is NOT the base mode in the EH2 familyl. It's actually the heavily upgraded and expensive Eco model (with the CX being the "base" eco model). In some ways the VX really got better treatment than even the Si did....at least externally (with the front lip, alloy wheels and rear diffuser as standard). Every detail specifically tailored to increase mpgs.

Also the idea of keeping a civic stock just to gain interest at cars-n-coffee (as recommended in his followup POV video) was a little lame. Yes this low mileage VX should probably be preserved for the future generations of mankind in its stock form (it's easily the most "special & unique" of the US hatch trim levels). The problem comes from the fact that an EG hatch is actually pretty boring to drive in stock form (which becomes very obvious in his POV driving video where you can tell he's completely bored). The platform has so much potential. Keeping it stock for the sake of getting bro-love is actually a total waste of the vehicles potential.

Other than that they were good videos.

Here is the POV video:
Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, I love these little 5th Gen hatches...
Old 02-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Resident Gearhead

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday View Post
when I think of my '90 Accord, it still seems like a "new" car to me.
a 27 y/o car still seems new to you? It must be in fantastic shape.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:02 AM
yippee-ki-yay

Moderation of the TECH forum left with RonJ.

eH.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:14 AM
Intelligently Stupid

Originally Posted by eHMxhACk View Post
Moderation of the TECH forum left with RonJ.

eH.
You obviously missed my comment on the other thread posted by this same individual.

He's a blue title as such policy was stated that mods may not, will not, can not edit, moderate, or change other moderators posts/threads.

Now I am learning the blue title may not necessarily mean moderator in this case but instead is content creator.

Unbeknownst to you, there is actually a discussion going on about these exact blog pushing threads.

So please do spread your inaccurate view to help bolster a mob mentality of misinformation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.