Is the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback a True Sports Car? - Page 4 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > Honda-Tech News
Reload this Page >

Is the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback a True Sports Car?

Honda-Tech News Main page blog post discussions and the News Archive

Is the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback a True Sports Car?

Old 04-25-2017, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Is the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback a True Sports Car?

It's not all about power and handling. It wasn't that long ago that this was the most powerful Honda and the best balance closest to 50-50 in the line up. Is this a true sports car?
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Paragraph Alert

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post
It's not all about power and handling. It wasn't that long ago that this was the most powerful Honda and the best balance closest to 50-50 in the line up. Is this a true sports car?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:55 PM

Yes, more power than a NSX.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
I could care less about ET as that is driver/track prep/tire dependent. The relevant info is that it trapped 94mph in that specific test while Car and Driver's trapped 95mph in their test. No B18B Integra was trapping anywhere close to that.
Great, now it's marginally better than 23 year old base Integra too.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's about the worst car video I've seen.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:58 AM
rookn00b

I never liked the classic definition of sports cars. Cause 911 rear seats.

Regardless of how usable they are or for insurance purposes, it seats four.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:59 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Well you better let the people who first coined the term "sports car" know because they apparently didn't know the "correct" definition either. Cars that did not meet your definition of "Sports car" have been called "sports cars" since the very beginning, including one of the very first cars to ever have that word associated with it.
Such as? Be specific. Maybe it would help.

And yes an MG or Alfa is a sports car to most people because it was built with a sporting intent and was fun to drive. I think you're assuming when I talk of "POS cars" that I must be referring to old sports cars based on their objective performance numbers. Sorry but I'm not. I'm pointing out that by your definition of a "sports car" it would include absolute turd mobiles that just happen to be RWD two seater convertibles that even in their day completely sucked and weren't enthusiast sporting machines at all.
What fits the sports car definition yet is not meant or intended to be sporting at all? Going by this normally accepted definition:

is a small, usually two seater, two door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble handling

Please let me know what specific cars are conundrums in your mind.

Some of those I would agree with, some I would disagree with. There is no hard definition for what a sports car is. Cry all you want but it's the truth.
No one is crying, but you're certainly not listing any specifics. You must be busy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.