Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Question about Godspeed Coils; Am I doing something wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Icon3 Question about Godspeed Coils; Am I doing something wrong?

Sup guys
It shouldve been a straight forward 2 hour max install, but it wasnt.

http://www.godspeedproject.com/shop/...roducts_id=401

I tried installing Godspeed Hyper RS coil overs and the rears went on without a hitch. Then when I got to the fronts (which I thought would be the easy ones) I couldnt install them. The upper control arm kept hitting the perch the spring sits on and nothing I did would solve it. I tried raising it from the bottom and it somewhat helped, but then whats the point of coil overs if you cant lower the vehicle.

What I think might fix the issue is putting the rear springs in the front and vice versa. They are both rated at 12kg even though the website states 10F and 12R. Reason I want to swap is because they about an inch smaller so I think that will help clear the front upper control arm.

My question is, would swapping the springs affect handling or performance, even though they are rated at 12kg? I would rather not do anything since it should be plug & play but sadly it isnt.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about Godspeed Coils; Am I doing something wrong?

take a pic and post. the front damper should b significantly longer than the rear. did the dampers come fully screwed into the bottom brackets? have u tried bolting everything up and compressing the suspension? u should not be having this problem unless they sent u the wrong kit.

p.s. shoulda went with something better than godspeed
Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, i equate godspeed to k sprt or D2...but pictures would definantly help us help you
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Black S2K
take a pic and post. the front damper should b significantly longer than the rear. did the dampers come fully screwed into the bottom brackets? have u tried bolting everything up and compressing the suspension? u should not be having this problem unless they sent u the wrong kit.

p.s. shoulda went with something better than godspeed
S2000 section obligatory: "Shoulda went with something better" haha

The front is longer than the rear so they arent swapped.
I did manage to get it bolted up to the car but the spring perch was literally resting on the UCA so whenever UCA moved it would move it with as well as rub and probably make noise. I dont think they sent the wrong kit since it bolts up, its just that the spring is too long. The rear spring is about 1" shorter and Im positive it will clear the UCA, but im not sure if it would affect the product. Theyre both rated at 12kg.

I appreciate your input, I got your pics at the bottom of the post.
Originally Posted by Boots
yea, i equate godspeed to k sprt or D2...but pictures would definantly help us help you
KW coming soon?

Last edited by Arthas; 06-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

has the car ever been wrecked? and is it like that on both the fronts? something definantly aint right, if it hasnt been wrecked they may have very well sent you the wrong coilovers

and to answer your question, yes swapping the springs will affect the setup since the springs are different lengths
Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No the car has never been wrecked. Also both front fenders and bumper cover have the correct VINs.

I swapped the springs and everything went on without a hitch. But now the rear (at lowest setting) is about 1.5" from tire, and the front is beyond tucking. I raised it up 1.5" and its still tucking. Ill raise it up another 1.5" tomorrow.
Called Godspeed and theyre sending another set of rear springs fix the issue in the rear.

OEM suspension has never looked so good lol.. Ill post up a pic in a bit.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about the color, my phone doesnt like cloudy days.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the first pic is that how they came out of the box? is so they came slammed like i predicted u should have raised the damper out of bottom bracket. the proper way to adj ride hight with these is buy raising and lowering (unscrewing screwing the damper into the bottom bracket. the coilovers themselves look s2k specific just came with the daper all the way screwed into the bottom brackets.

swap ur springs back and raise the dampers and ull b ok.

do research on a different set of dampers. i would highly suggest fortune auto 500 series ppl have nothing but good things to say about them they r about 1.1k best part is u can order any spring rate u want and they valve the dampers accordingly to ur ur spring rate choice they have shock dyno to prove the dampers r legit and rebuilds r fast and at competitive prices.

i might sell my tein flex just to try them out.

kw r great but way too pricy for me plus rebuilds take forever. if i had the money i would get them though
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^and theyre made in VA