Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda S2000 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-s2000-5/)
-   -   Private Label Header Test + Dyno... Accepting Donations for Dyno Time... (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-s2000-5/private-label-header-test-dyno-accepting-donations-dyno-time-2639182/)

integlspwr2k 09-02-2009 01:12 PM

Private Label Header Test + Dyno... Accepting Donations for Dyno Time...

for the haters, it made 10whp over my stock ap2 header.

robbieshonda 09-02-2009 04:35 PM

Re: Private Label Header Test + Dyno... Accepting Donations for Dyno Time...

If you were in NC Id strap it down to my dyno. fwiw it looks just like the obx header I just pulled off a customers s2k I dont know to what extent the header made better power because it had a vortec on the car already but seat of the pants felt alittle better so NA might make much difference but it helped with a SC

Slo-mo 09-02-2009 04:47 PM

i wanna see this happen. some with a dyno needs to hook it up:thumbup:

integlspwr2k 09-02-2009 05:39 PM

Thanks everyone. This is far from a ebay/megan/obx header. The guys who make these h headers make them for ep3, k20 bseries, h22 and have all solid gains of at least 5whp by just bolting on this header.

ap1 george 09-16-2009 05:10 PM

Would'nt this be pretty much pointless since the test car is modded? You gain more power from the header if you have exhaust intake etc..compare to a stock s2k..So it will probably like 10 hp gains then some guy buys this and puts it in a stock s2k and gets 4 hp..From what I have experience headers give more power gains if you already have breather stuff to begin with

esean93 09-17-2009 12:07 PM

why would you put ebay parts on a 05 s2000?id think 5x before putting them on a civic.they are not only functionally bad but it makes the car look like a piece of crap.

integlspwr2k 09-17-2009 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by esean93 (Post 39997889)
why would you put ebay parts on a 05 s2000?id think 5x before putting them on a civic.they are not only functionally bad but it makes the car look like a piece of crap.

why not? the header made 10whp over the stock ap2 header.

sjs0433 09-17-2009 12:29 PM

Not everything on ebay is garbage.

ap1 george 09-17-2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by esean93 (Post 39997889)

LMAO Ebay is not a brand its a place where items are sold...So if we see a vortech supercharger being sold on Ebay yes of course its an Ebay item but its not crap...

What you might want to say are those cheap chinese crap on Ebay..heck those chinese parts even have their own website so therefore does not make em an "ebay" part if purchase from their own site..But its still cheap.

esean93 09-18-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ap1 george (Post 39999358)
LMAO Ebay is not a brand its a place where items are sold...So if we see a vortech supercharger being sold on Ebay yes of course its an Ebay item but its not crap...

What you might want to say are those cheap chinese crap on Ebay..heck those chinese parts even have their own website so therefore does not make em an "ebay" part if purchase from their own site..But its still cheap.

ofcourse,you know i was talking about the chinese generic carp thats on ebay.i know ebay is not a brand, ive been around cars enough to know that,dont be a dick dude!

esean93 09-18-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by integlspwr2k (Post 39998046)

it just looks cheap and isnt very reliable from what i have heard,never tried one though and dont want to.it just depreciates the cars value,s2000 will be a collectors car in like 20 years dont rice the car out but putting 50 dollar ebay header on it.

esean93 09-18-2009 06:25 PM

btw im not hating,youll just regret doing it yourself.

ap1 george 09-18-2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by esean93 (Post 40012215)
ofcourse,you know i was talking about the chinese generic carp thats on ebay.i know ebay is not a brand, ive been around cars enough to know that,dont be a dick dude!

Im not being a dick, but if you look at your above post you said "ebay part" well duh weather chinese generic crap or legitimate jdm part it is an ebay item because it was sold from ebay. It was just a confusion from the words chosen man. :hugs:

esean93 09-18-2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ap1 george (Post 40012614)
Im not being a dick, but if you look at your above post you said "ebay part" well duh weather chinese generic crap or legitimate jdm part it is an ebay item because it was sold from ebay. It was just a confusion from the words chosen man. :hugs:

lol yeah i should have put quotation marks around ebay.im using my ipod touch so its hard...

jdm_dc_fan 09-18-2009 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by esean93 (Post 40012234)
it just looks cheap and isnt very reliable from what i have heard,never tried one though and dont want to.it just depreciates the cars value,s2000 will be a collectors car in like 20 years dont rice the car out but putting 50 dollar ebay header on it.

dont knock it untill youve tried it. 10whp over stock is damn good for a car that already perfoms very well.

Im gonna start being more open to ebay now. i bought an ap1 replica lip on monday afternoon and got it yesterday morning(thursday). i gotta say fitment was good, fast delivery and 56 dollars!!!!

D1sclaimer 09-20-2009 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by integlspwr2k (Post 39998046)

1 question. Since you have an AEM EMS, is the 10whp with some adjustments or is it the same thing just with the different header? Or did you throw a stock ECU back in for the dyno runs?

integlspwr2k 09-20-2009 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by D1sclaimer (Post 40028659)
1 question. Since you have an AEM EMS, is the 10whp with some adjustments or is it the same thing just with the different header? Or did you throw a stock ECU back in for the dyno runs?

who said i had a AEM EMS?

The test went, dyno 3 pulls stock header, rack up car, install new header and redyno, made 10whp.

D1sclaimer 09-21-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by integlspwr2k (Post 40028728)
who said i had a AEM EMS?

The test went, dyno 3 pulls stock header, rack up car, install new header and redyno, made 10whp.

I'm sorry. Someone must have stole your username.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,25406.0.html

S2KILLA 09-21-2009 09:59 AM

http://files.kavefish.com/pictures/o_rly_asian.jpg

integlspwr2k 09-21-2009 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by D1sclaimer (Post 40032267)
I'm sorry. Someone must have stole your username.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,25406.0.html

my friend bought a used aem ems 1012 and wanted me to test it to make sure it wasn't broken that is why i was looking for a ap2 map because i have a ap2 and he has a ap1.