Greddy E-manage

Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (140sx)

^^^ Triple post *****!!!

Originally Posted by papa5murf
Now here's another question. What's the difference between the Ultimate and the base? I need to have the ability to subtract fuel since I'm running larger injectors.
EVERYTHING!!!

e-Manage

GReddy’s e-Manage is a cost effective programmable engine management system that allows you to properly tune your factory engine control without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit or the inconvenience of sending it out for a full ECU reprogram. The e-Manage system is a true universal "piggy-back" type unit that taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the vehicle’s existing sensors (or optional upgraded sensors if factory sensors are maxed out). The major benefit is the factory ECU settings become your "Base-MAP" for tuning. There is no need for extensive tuning for normal driving conditions, but does allow the tuner to fine tune, adjust for injector changes, and add new MAP(s) for situations the factory ECU is not capable of (like on-boost conditions). And as technological breakthroughs are achieved, we offer FREE updates via our greddy.com website’s Tech page. Basic functions will allow the tuner to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. An option for Honda VTEC cars will allow you to even adjust the VTEC shift point. Additional features are built into the system but are only accessible through the use of the e0-1, PRofec e-01 programmer or our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (sold separately). There is a 16x16 airflow adjustment map, a maximum 50% larger main injector correction adjustment, upgrade air flow meter adjustment, boost limiter cut, anti-engine stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, real-time map trace, real-time display, real-time communication and basic Data-logging. With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 injector duty cycle map and the controls for adding up to 2 additional sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harness" and the software are used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 ignition timing map. All of the above maps can also be map-traced in real-time as well. If the factory range of map or airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorporate a larger airflow meter or our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness" to set larger scales of adjustment. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper air/fuel monitoring tools. (Some or all functions may not be compatible with some applications.)

e-Manage Utimate

The GReddy e-manage Ultimate is as close to a stand-alone management system as you can get while maintaining the best features of a "piggy-back" engine management; an economical price, the usage of existing sensors, the ability to easily alter factory settings and not having to tune from scratch. But unlike the original e-manage, the Ultimate is more refined, requiring specific application usage (which we are constantly adding application updates that you can download FREE via greddy.com, Tech WebPages.) The benefit of this is, the included PC-based USB "Ultimate Support Tool" allows for even finer tuning capabilities, improved flexibility in fuel & ignition control and adds impressive data-logging qualities to make tuning quicker and easier. The increased number of input and output ports of the Ultimate, along with new built-in adapters add many new options to the unit. In addition to standard e-manage airflow-based adjustments, the Ultimate version includes new and upgraded features. The Parameter Set-up, tab menu format of the Ultimate has improved direct Map control for adding and subtracting Fuel and Ignition. The ability to switch between 2 preset tuning Maps (i.e. Street or Race program) via externally mounted toggle switches. There are Maps for Individual cylinder adjustment for both Fuel and Ignition. There are also options to convert injection and ignition systems (i.e. group or sequential injection and group or individual fire ignition.) An Airflow Output Map option even allows for airflow meter elimination. And when used with a wideband A/F Meter, the Air Fuel Target Map can self-tune an Injector base tuning Map, to speed up initial tuning. There are also built-in Boost, Rev and Speed Limiter-Cut features. To create super smooth operation, there are various fine tuning Correction Maps to adjust for Throttle Acceleration, Vehicle Speed, Water Temp, Intake Temp, Auto Trans Shift, Anti Engine Stall, and Idle. To further aid in tuning, e-manage Ultimate’s improved integrated Monitoring, Map Tracing and Datalogging features far exceed any other piggyback controller on the market. Even when not connected to the software, 8 channels of datalogging (at 20msec intervals) can be recorded and stored to be reviewed later. With the Support Tool connected, over 30 channels can be covered. Other new features include: Improved RPM recognition, Warning Settings, Password Protection for individual tuning Maps, NVCS (Nissan), VTEC (Honda), O2 Feed-back, Clean Fouled Plugs, and numerous others in future updates. Ideal for optimizing and fine-tuning for performance products like Exhaust, Air Intake, Intercoolers, Boost Controllers, and Turbochargers, the e-manage Ultimate fills the gaps between conventional piggyback and expensive stand-alone engine managements. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper air/fuel monitoring tools. (Some or all functions may not be compatible with some applications.)
Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (140sx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 140sx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stock ecu+stock injectors+your air pump= no code or it shouldent throw a code. even with the lower compression. just pull a charge pipe off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you sure about that? The car's gotta run like crap with the lower compression.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As said, ULT ftw hands down!

Good luck with your buy guys. Ill look into it
more come summer
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C GSR CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C GSR CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As said, ULT ftw hands down!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thing is, I only need it for a week tops. It's just a temporary solution to pass emissions, Once I pass, the AEM EMS goes back in. So if the base model E-manage can do the job, I'll pick that up, since it is half the price of the Ultimate.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA
Default Re: (papa5murf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by papa5murf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thing is, I only need it for a week tops. It's just a temporary solution to pass emissions, Once I pass, the AEM EMS goes back in. So if the base model E-manage can do the job, I'll pick that up, since it is half the price of the Ultimate. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no need papa, u have PM... holla!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol. Now thats teamwork

But maybe you can sell your aem and then youll have extra cash
Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C GSR CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C GSR CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol. Now thats teamwork

But maybe you can sell your aem and then youll have extra cash </TD></TR></TABLE>

Bahahhaa, no. The only way the AEM EMS goes on for sale is if:

1. I find an HKS F-Con V Pro tuner in the area (that's competent and trusted)
2. All else fails and I don't pass emissions and I'm forced to get a Hondata
Old 02-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im also running the emanage ultimate on my turbo s. im goin to be switching to aem ems next month after emissions. you will get a cel because you removed the secondary air pump as i do. but it will only come on after about 3 times after you start the car so you should be okay if u reset the battery cable in the parking lot before the test. as for the emange itself im switching from it because im not to happy with it. although im not sure if its the tuner or ult itself:

-WOT throttle it drives perfect but breaks up like crazy in vtec (tuner couldn't figure out why)
- partial throttle isn't as smooth as i would like(some hiccups and slight bucking)
-the car will randomly hit a fuel cut and shut off(i believe its due to running a stock map sensor.

if you will be needing a unit in a few weeks pm me i'll be happy to sell you mine w/harrness for a reasonable price...
Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if you will be needing a unit in a few weeks pm me i'll be happy to sell you mine w/harrness for a reasonable price...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have someone looking into getting a friend to let me borrow his at the moment (it's only a base model though).

If that doesn't go through, I'll buy yours. I have until the end of March to get it done, but I would prefer to get it out of the way in early March.

Does the harness work for both models? the base and Ultimate?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its a complete different harness for both units, i also have til march to get mine done. i'll probably get mine done in the next 3 weeks or so i'll keep in touch. i also have a map for 650s cause thats what i originally had but i now have 550s.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_EM1)

Are you running a headgasket? I'm running 675cc's, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem with the 650cc map that you have. And the boost won't really matter, since I'll just baby it down there, and they just read the OBDII while the car is idled.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no im not running the headgasket, but when i upgrade to aem ems i deff will be running the gasket.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by papa5murf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you sure about that? The car's gotta run like crap with the lower compression. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i broke my engine in on the factory ecu and injectors, 10.1 compression there was no differance and far as how the car ran. or spend the cash on that pos and still end up with the cel.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy E-manage

old post but easy solution swap stock computer, swap injectors, swap map sensor, raise fuel pressure. and pussyfoot there its worked for me every time and i didnt spend 300