Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Anobody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2?

I just ordered the Espelir springs and now i'm looking into getting some wheels. i really like the looks of the Type M's but not sure if i wanna use a wheel without any lip.

so if you have the Tyme M's on your s2k, please post some pics. i'm really dig'n these wheels and would love to see them on our ride.
thanks!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (joey1320)

Tenzo is a POS company run by POS staff. Their wheels r like Rotas in terms of "R&D", but I think Rotas are better quality than Tenzo.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tenzo is a POS company run by POS staff. Their wheels r like Rotas in terms of "R&D", but I think Rotas are better quality than Tenzo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 03-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tenzo is a POS company run by POS staff. Their wheels r like Rotas in terms of "R&D", but I think Rotas are better quality than Tenzo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

cool! do you know anybody runin' the Type M's???
Old 03-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

cool! do you know anybody runin' the Type M's???
</TD></TR></TABLE>

HA no.

GTFO this isn't a civic. could you possibly think of a shittier wheel company

my god...I mean its not like I have really high standards or anything...but what the **** would you consider a shitty wheel?

Motegi? Konig? Tenzo? those are all in the same class, of being the cheapest, shittiest wheels you can possibly buy.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (Techno Tonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Techno Tonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HA no.

GTFO this isn't a civic. could you possibly think of a shittier wheel company

my god...I mean its not like I have really high standards or anything...but what the **** would you consider a shitty wheel?

Motegi? Konig? Tenzo? those are all in the same class, of being the cheapest, shittiest wheels you can possibly buy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude i don't care if you don't like them. i have run "shitty, crappy and cheap" wheels before on my other cars and had about the same amount of issues as with good wheels.

i see broken, cracked, pitted wheels everyday at work, and those are the expensive BBS, Enkeis, Breyton, HRE's, OEM BMW's and others. so i could give a **** if the Tenzos are cheap. i like them and if you don't then don't use them...

Old 03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Techno Tonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HA no.

GTFO this isn't a civic. ....</TD></TR></TABLE>

you do know that the new SI is almost the same price as a new S2K right?
so what does it matter???
Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you do know that the new SI is almost the same price as a new S2K right?
so what does it matter??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

that was the dumbest thing someone has said in this forum EVER

2008 civic si: $23,xxx
2008 civic si w/ navi: $25,xxx
2008 civic si mugen: $29,500

2008 s2000: $35,xxx

that's not almost the same price
Old 03-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude i don't care if you don't like them. i have run "shitty, crappy and cheap" wheels before on my other cars and had about the same amount of issues as with good wheels.

i see broken, cracked, pitted wheels everyday at work, and those are the expensive BBS, Enkeis, Breyton, HRE's, OEM BMW's and others. so i could give a **** if the Tenzos are cheap. i like them and if you don't then don't use them...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry, but OEM quality is wayy higher than any of the wheels i listed prior. seriously your talking out your *** right now if your trying to tell me that tenzo is as quality of any of those wheels you just listed.

why the **** would you want to replace existing parts on your car with inferior ones? because they look "cooler"??

GTFO ricer

good luck trying to find proper tenzo offsets...if there is such a thing. because the S is very forgiving if you put whatever you want on there...moron.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry, but OEM quality is wayy higher than any of the wheels i listed prior. seriously your talking out your *** right now if your trying to tell me that tenzo is as quality of any of those wheels you just listed.

why the **** would you want to replace existing parts on your car with inferior ones? because they look "cooler"??

GTFO ricer

good luck trying to find proper tenzo offsets...if there is such a thing. because the S is very forgiving if you put whatever you want on there...moron.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know that OEM quality is better *******. i'm a tech for bmw and i see shitty oem wheels everyday. wheels that costs $1000 plus each with pitted finishes or bend and cracked lips. Which means that just because you pay top dollar doesn't always mean you will get top qaulity. yes tenzo are cheap but again i've seen and replaced very expensicve wheels for poor quality problems...

if the offset of the tenzo don't work well with the s2ks then i'll look into something else but i like the way those type m's look. and who gives a [freak] what i like [freak] off man...
Old 03-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (GRAF-FITI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that was the dumbest thing someone has said in this forum EVER

2008 civic si: $23,xxx
2008 civic si w/ navi: $25,xxx
2008 civic si mugen: $29,500

2008 s2000: $35,xxx

that's not almost the same price</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually the si mugen is $30,200 and the s2000 is $34,100. quotes from the dealership company i work for.

so thats not that much of a difference... moron!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if your talking about the Mugen Civic
then you have the S2000 CR 36,xxx
but a civic VS s2000 you shouldnt compare i can price a Neon at 40,000 still sucks Not saying the civic sucks its just not up to s2000 standards
Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI for the price of crappy tenzo you can just save 2000 more dollars and get the Work Emotion CR kai (way better looking rims)
Old 03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
* B A N N E D *

i took the average price from my 4 local honda dealers turd
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (s2k4me)

Get off his back..damn. He never did anything to warrant such behavior. Everyone thinks they are all high and mighty in here. He didnt ask for an opinion.
He asked if anyone is running them and wanted to see what they looked like.

If you can't come up with what he is looking for, then don't post. Or simply advise him that they are not very good wheels to run. llxzxll is a good example of what should have been said. With that said, you went a little overboard techno.

How many times do people have to pull this isn't a civic card? It's old so get over it.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b20integrapower)

Im going to start calling myself the S2000 forum mediator. Jesus..
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those look pretty nice, but I can't speak for their quality. Though, I will say I have road-raced for 5 years and Rota's have held up just as well as "real" race rims like Panasports and TD's.

Anyway, they look kind of like the ASA AR1 which both are probably a copy of the much more expensive BBS RGR and BBS LM which both look good. I like the look of the Type-M's though, something a little smoother about the spokes I like. I say if you can get them in the right offset, go for it. I love how people think the S2K is some sort of super god car that requires you to spend stupid money on mods for it.

Cheers
Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

god you s2000 owners in here are [freak]ing ********, lol.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (tuan...)

i hate s2000 owners
Old 03-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (uncleben)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uncleben &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those look pretty nice, but I can't speak for their quality. Though, I will say I have road-raced for 5 years and Rota's have held up just as well as "real" race rims like Panasports and TD's.

Anyway, they look kind of like the ASA AR1 which both are probably a copy of the much more expensive BBS RGR and BBS LM which both look good. I like the look of the Type-M's though, something a little smoother about the spokes I like. I say if you can get them in the right offset, go for it. I love how people think the S2K is some sort of super god car that requires you to spend stupid money on mods for it.

Cheers </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah they kinda look like the asa and the bbs but i actually like the looks of the tenzos more. if i can find the correct wheel size, i'm prob. gonna get them.

Modified by joey1320 at 11:48 PM 3/7/2008
Old 03-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh btw. everyone that says "this is not a civic blah blah blah"... you all sound like the homo on "Superbad" playing soccer all worried about being down 2 points...

is a honda ok, is a honda... is not a DB9, L430 Scuderia or a Quattroporte... is a freaking honda. yeah its a nice honda, but at the end of the day, only a honda.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If I'm reading Tenzo R's site, their sizing isn't really anything that I would run on the S. Except maybe an 18X8.0 +37 with 225's or non-staggered. But I don't like non staggered wheels, unless I'm on race rubber.

what I'm seeng is a:

17X7.0 +42
18X8.0 +25, +37, +45
19X8.5 +20, +45
19X10 +19

Clicky

Honestly I've seen a lot cheaper, wheels that fit and look better. But to each his own.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
bky
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah they kinda look like the asa and the bbs but i actually like the looks of the tenzos more. if i can find the correct wheel size, i'm prob. gonna get them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a good looking wheels. Don't listen to the haters... do what you want. It's your car.

Plz post pics when you get it on the car. I've never seen those on an S2000.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:06 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (bky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's a good looking wheels. Don't listen to the haters... do what you want. It's your car.

Plz post pics when you get it on the car. I've never seen those on an S2000.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you dumbass....his opinion is they are nice...my opinion is they're fugly....sorry but i'm not a "hater" because we disagree

and there's a reason you've never seen them on an s2000...

1. they are non staggered
2. they are tenzo
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2? (GRAF-FITI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you dumbass....his opinion is they are nice...my opinion is they're fugly....sorry but i'm not a "hater" because we disagree

and there's a reason you've never seen them on an s2000...

1. they are non staggered
2. they are tenzo</TD></TR></TABLE>

how else would a "hater" be a hater if they didnt disagree?

Quick Reply: Anobody runin' Tenzo's Type-M V2?