Ruckus Runs, then dies and won't start - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Ruckus and Scooters Ruckus, Silverwing, Reflex, Helix, Metropolitan

Ruckus Runs, then dies and won't start

Old 08-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Ruckus Runs, then dies and won't start

Hello everyone, I have had my Ruckus apart at least five times in the last two weeks. I have a 2012 that I've owned for about a year and a half. It has been a great bike during that time and I have put about 1200 miles on it. It recently started acting up and would start at first, but then die, and then wont fire. When I keep the start button pressed for 30-60 seconds it has a 50/50 chance of starting or me giving up. Im afraid of ruining my starter using it so much. I have done the following...

-cleaned carb, was not dirty
-cleaned jets, can see light through both sets
-drained and cleaned gas tank
-replaced fuel pump and filter
-confirmed gas was getting to carb
-replaced spark plug brand new
-blew out air box and filter, not that dirty

I have confirmed all of these stops repeatedly, thinking maybe there was still bunk in the line or something, but I get the same behavior... It starts at first, and throttles up, but then dies and won't start again.

Last night I got it to start but it wouldn't idle. I adjusted the idle screw but to no avail it would not idle without my help at the throttle.

I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can offer. I'm a decent small engine mechanic and this has me baffled.

Thanks-

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: