Honda Ruckus and Scooters Ruckus, Silverwing, Reflex, Helix, Metropolitan

Ruckus Rear Break Issues?

Old 05-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Trial User

Default Ruckus Rear Break Issues?

I just bought a brand new 2019 Honda Ruckus 3 days ago. I love the bike and have already put in 70 miles of riding so far. When I put my Ruck up on the center stand I noticed that the rear wheel does not move on idle.

When I completely release the rear brake adjustment, the wheel spins freely, so much so that it feels like brake pressure is being applied normally.

I can spin the wheel with my hand but I cannot achieve even 1 full tire rotation when letting go. If I loosen the rear brake any more there is too much freeplay in the handle and it does not feel safe to ride.

I have an appointment with my dealership about this issue on Monday, but I don't want to waste their time if this is normal behavior. When I significantly loosen the rear brake it feels like I have snappier acceleration, but that could be mental. Is this a problem, or am I going crazy?
Old 05-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ruckus Rear Break Issues?

This will go away as the brake shoes wear down. After all, it is a brand new bike and needs time to break in. DO NOT loosen the brakes too much, that's not safe. Adjust them so that they still function.
Me personally, I would not go to the stealership for this unless it was free. Just my opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: