Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Ruckus and Scooters (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-ruckus-scooters-126/)
-   -   My custom gy6 "ruckus" look alike (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-ruckus-scooters-126/my-custom-gy6-ruckus-look-alike-2993259/)

swapshop 10-27-2011 08:17 AM

My custom gy6 "ruckus" look alike

Before I get into the chop scoot i build. I first bought a Bone stock 09 ruckus from new york about a month ago then i started cutting the seat and making a new foot rest (at the time i didnt have a bender) also made a little aluminum tray for under the seat. It was cool but parts are so expensive to buy for these bikes I figure i just settle with my own home made stuff. After while (a day or 2) lol got sick of how slow it was and went out and bought a Yamati strada rx200hp boyyyy whattt a diffrenece>>>.. I then concluded i wanted to build a custom ruckus like chopper frame and use everything i could from the complete yamati i just purchased. More pics to come

swapshop 10-27-2011 08:19 AM

Re: My custom gy6 "ruckus" look alike

1 Attachment(s)
a pic of my 09

swapshop 10-27-2011 08:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These next pics are of the frame being built, just really had to triple check everything being straight

swapshop 10-27-2011 09:06 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Next set of pics are of it all tacked up and completely assembled

As for the fuel tank. I put in a baffle with 4 holes in to drain and hold back fuel in the sump and also had to install a ruckus fuel pump i bought off ebay and had to wire that in

I had then tore completely apart to weld also added the back bone bar really wasn't going for that look but its alot more sturdy and since then it doesnt bounce half as bad

The last pic is the lights that were on the yamati scooter just ziptied on to ride around at night not going to keep them on just untill i get some bucs to cover somthing cooler

Thanks for looking please only positive comments. Ill update as it moves forward but i was able to do the whole process in under 2 weeks. THANKS

STR8 H8N 10-27-2011 10:16 AM

:scared:

swapshop 10-27-2011 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=STR8 H8N;46252086]:scared:[/QUOTE

Most ppl are a little shocked or scared at first but the ride speaks for itself and why not be a little different, plus it screams and wants to do wheelies wheres your bike you built ?

swapshop 10-31-2011 11:06 AM

Round 2 coming soon going with the Dorby 12x7 wheel and hub combo its gonna be SICCCKKKKK ;)

swapshop 11-16-2011 09:22 AM

640 views and no comments ?? WOW

swapshop 11-16-2011 09:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Anyway Some Pics of Bike 2 in the making

Dorby 12x7 fatty rear
Dorby hub
Short axle setup (thanks Dorby you rock !)

Center Shock Setup
using a adjustable R6 shock

GY6 150 motor
roketa front end,wireharness

Stone FAB
gas tank
chromoly frame

rocking renthal bars

looking to be done in a week or so prolly need to order some more parts for it that takes the longest we all should know.

ANY Positive comments WELCOME please let me know what you think would be cool for the next build or what to see, I can pretty much build whatever your heart desires so if somone would want somthing build for them just send me a PM I will get right back to you THANKS FOR LOOKING PLEASE TTT IF YOU VIEW

swapshop 11-16-2011 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

Exhaust coming soon

Gas tank is cooling on the welgin table ;)

swapshop 11-16-2011 09:36 AM

''welding"

mikenak 11-16-2011 03:07 PM

dear santa...
sick ruck, what your top speed with the gy6?

swapshop 11-16-2011 03:24 PM

thanks sandusky!! itll do 55-60mph i get there in a couple seconds its scary fast for a scooter

.guest. 11-17-2011 01:34 PM

I'm likin this. Wish I had the talent to make one, tired of using a 12 tank a week just to go to work and back.

v8killaz 11-17-2011 01:38 PM

needs bigger motor

swapshop 11-18-2011 04:14 AM

Got the bike runnin/tore it down and fully welded it and all back together yesterday. Think I may have got welders flash tho (my auto dark helment really sucks as of latly) any body wanna give me a new one lol Test ride to come in a day or two once i can see again. Im like a deer in the headlights when i woke up this morning :cry:

fokaiboi 12-07-2011 12:28 PM

AWESOME BUILD! I sent an email requesting FRAME specs. Basically I really need your help to build my frame. I dont have access to a Ruckus so I need measurements for each bend, also frame width and what size tubing you are using. Thanks so much! Your build is a great inspiration!

swapshop 12-07-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by fokaiboi (Post 46480556)
AWESOME BUILD! I sent an email requesting FRAME specs. Basically I really need your help to build my frame. I dont have access to a Ruckus so I need measurements for each bend, also frame width and what size tubing you are using. Thanks so much! Your build is a great inspiration!

Hey thanks alot !! I sent a email did you receive it ?

swapshop 12-07-2011 01:12 PM

If any body is in the Central PA area and would like a quote on swapping there ruckus 49cc motor out for gy6150cc and I also install fatty wheels along with center shock setups and custom motor mounts

text or call Zachs One Stop Shop (717) 448-0189

I also accept pay pal with same day tracting for any weld on parts you may want fabbed up !!

swapshop 01-02-2012 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was from last month

Now i have the frame/gas tank painted all lights mounted and functioning saddle flip seat, its preety much done i update pics when i get a second !!

Ej1beck 01-05-2012 02:12 PM

Dope

whats-vtec 01-20-2012 05:50 PM

Awesome build man. I would love to invest in something like this. How much would something like this cost? PM works

Dshore 01-21-2012 11:30 AM

Awesome Ruckus's folks.. I need to pick one up these days

Orpheus 02-01-2012 09:31 AM

The second one is badass, the first one Im not feeling the big ass cluster

swapshop 02-04-2012 09:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a couple update pics of the chopper all painted up and lights installed !! Its a reall head turner/everyone is always in shock :thumbup: