Notices
Honda Ruckus and Scooters Ruckus, Silverwing, Reflex, Helix, Metropolitan

Hi. I'm Jack, Ruckus newb and have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi. I'm Jack, Ruckus newb and have a problem

I'm Jack and I have a Ruckus. I came by it after it died in my yard and the guy who owned it begged me to take it off of him. So now I've got a Ruckus. She's had a hard life. You see I'm a motorcycle fanatic from London, England and I decided one day to pack up and live someone else so ride my bike out to see where i ended up. I ended up in Cambodia, so far. I know my way round bikes so i was helping this guy fix his problems.
The bike has been maintained by local mechanics which is a bad thing and then it's been re-worked by my mechanic (I now own a rental business) which is a good thing. I've taken to using it to get to my day-job since it goes over the dirt-tracks faster than I can take a scooter through the roads. But today it died, just as I pulled up outside my house, so i'm greatful for that. Small mercies!
She's had issues... she gets fuel starvation but we replaced whatever it was with a proper Ruckus pump and it fixed most of the trouble. But when it's low on fuel it just suddenly limps along with almost no power. I'm guessing that's a feature to let you know you're in trouble. She's difficult to start if she's hot, sometimes the electric just refuses to run at all. Kick has been getting it going all day without a problem. Not this afternoon. Kicking it turns the engine over a few times but she won't take hold. It feels like she's trying. My mechanic reports a good spark, fuel and clean airways so he's at a loss.
Is there any known issues? I'm liking the bike enough to consider dropping money into it to get her running well. But... she needs to be reliable. In Cambodia, you can't trust there being a good mechanic anywhere, decent fuel or anyone capable of getting you home. The Ruckus is a great machine here and it's good fun so I'm hoping we can make this work!

Cheers for any advice.

Jack
Old 02-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi. I'm Jack, Ruckus newb and have a problem

Anyone? Some additional information, when i bought it there was a lot wrong with it. I rode it around and then picked it up to test the springs in the front suspension and the whole front end fell out, wheels, forks etc. That isn't related to this problem but it does illustrate that she has issues. I paid $200 for it so I'm not expecting miracles. I'm only keen to keep it because someone told me it looked like Wall-E and that triggered the idea in my head to re-paint it and turn it into a themed Wall-E bike.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hi. I'm Jack, Ruckus newb and have a problem

What year is it?