Notices
Honda Ruckus and Scooters Ruckus, Silverwing, Reflex, Helix, Metropolitan

help! ruckus broken?? bogging down?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 help! ruckus broken?? bogging down?

HI, so i had moved out to CA and left my Ruckus in AZ untill about 2weeks ago when i went to go get it, was sitting for about a year, but with a shot of starting fluid she started right up! and ran awesome so i brought her back with me to CA. before her maiden CA drive i cleaned it up and charged the battery with a car charger n still she started right up (now with a charged bat even better!) ran n drove awesome drove all around town parked it got back on started going up a hill n BAM started having problems... it was as if i let off the gas for a second then ried it again... it started off not so bad but has gotten worse!! IT DOESN'T DIE AND STILL STARTS RIGHT UP, idols awesome even when i rev it it sounds perfect takes off strong but every time now under load maybe around 8-10mph it just starts acting like i release the gas n get back on... almost as if its cutting out fr a second or misfiring but more like just bogging down.... I have already done usual stuff... first thing i did was clean out the carb real good... (didn't help) after alot of google search i thought i found the problem and i ordered a Chinese fuel pump made for the ruckus, and STILL its doing the same thing!! I have no idea what it could be! i need help! is my ruckus dead?? I dont have enough money to buy new parts that arnt the problem im so sad i wasted $15 on that new pump oh PS i did also already do the throttle reset where u short the wire to bat... didnt help..
Old 12-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 Re: help! ruckus broken?? bogging down?

ok so i got a new fuel pump just in case the one i got was bad... no luck... then i cleaned the carb out for the 3rd time just to make sure... still doin it... i dont see any messed up wires or anything. i even byassed the fuel filter and valve to see...how can i check if the ecu is the problem without spending $350? also if i just got a NCY CDI would that byppass the ecu fuel control??

Last edited by evoateto335; 12-07-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help! ruckus broken?? bogging down?

clean the jets and carb. jumpstart it by hooking up to car if battery is dead. dont start the car
Old 03-26-2023, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help! ruckus broken?? bogging down?

Originally Posted by evoateto335
ok so i got a new fuel pump just in case the one i got was bad... no luck... then i cleaned the carb out for the 3rd time just to make sure... still doin it... i dont see any messed up wires or anything. i even byassed the fuel filter and valve to see...how can i check if the ecu is the problem without spending $350? also if i just got a NCY CDI would that byppass the ecu fuel control??
I’m having the exact same issues, did you ever get this resolved? Thanks