Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Ruckus and Scooters (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-ruckus-scooters-126/)
-   -   Having TROUBLE with my ruckus Title in New Jersey (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-ruckus-scooters-126/having-trouble-my-ruckus-title-new-jersey-2871374/)

1SICKv6 12-08-2010 10:07 AM

Having TROUBLE with my ruckus Title in New Jersey

I wanted to see if anyone on here has a Honda Ruckus registered in New Jersey. I just bought a 2005 Honda ruckus from some one in PA. I took the title this morning to the Dmv here in Jersey...and they giving me a bunch of bullshit. They told me know dont have the ruckus on their list of street approved scooters. On the Pa title it says under " BODY TYPE" MODC...Jersey dmv is telling me they dont recognize that as a body type. I was wondering if any1 one here can check their title to see what it says under body type. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance :scared::scared::scared:

BiG Chris 12-09-2010 11:01 AM

Re: Having TROUBLE with my ruckus Title in New Jersey

just go down to your local honda dealer where they sell them and get the info you need from them

STR8 H8N 12-09-2010 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by 1SICKv6 (Post 44179604)
I wanted to see if anyone on here has a Honda Ruckus registered in New Jersey. I just bought a 2005 Honda ruckus from some one in PA. I took the title this morning to the Dmv here in Jersey...and they giving me a bunch of bullshit. They told me know dont have the ruckus on their list of street approved scooters. On the Pa title it says under " BODY TYPE" MODC...Jersey dmv is telling me they dont recognize that as a body type. I was wondering if any1 one here can check their title to see what it says under body type. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance :scared::scared::scared:

THATS FUNNY/WEIRD BC WHEN I JUST DID MINE FROM OHIO TO PA THEY TOLD ME SOME BS LIKE THAT AND I HAD TO SEND IN A FORM THEY GAVE ME WITH THE OHIO TITLE TO THE PA DMV TO DETERMINE IF IT IS STREET LEGAL TO DRIVE IN PA

IM WAITING TO SEE WHAT THEY SEND BACK THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE A MONTH

1SICKv6 12-09-2010 12:15 PM

Dam that's crazy....they sell these scooters with titles and the DMV still be on some bullshit. I called Honda, they suppose to email me some paperwork to take to DMV..... Let's see what happens

monEmakindave 12-11-2010 06:21 AM

What part of NJ u from? My ruck is registered in NJ under motorcycle I believe. Plates say motorcycle

Insured as motorcycle. It's either moped or mc in NJ they don't give scooter plates

1SICKv6 12-11-2010 01:09 PM

Im from elizabeth nj. I told dmv its under motorcycle but them ****ers dont listen. I been emailing the vp of DMV for the state of nj.....They told me to take pics of a certaint sticker thats on the ruckus that declares it street legal(still lookin for it) and to take pics of some one on it and email it to them. I've seen mad people here in jersey with ruckus'es with nj plates.

1SICKv6 01-02-2011 03:34 PM

After weeks of bullshit I finally got my New Jersey title for my ruckus!!!!!
In case anyone runs into this problem, I had to take a pic of the FMSS label right next to the vin number...and a few pics of the ruckus and email it to the VP of operations here in Jersey.

monEmakindave 01-05-2011 03:58 AM

nice can't wait till it gets warmer.

get a swap done so you can keep up... ;)

1SICKv6 01-05-2011 11:00 AM

lol I've had my eye on this gy6 swap...but im also in the process of redoing my car.....so im stuck in the middle...lol
I need to link up with some of the Ruckus cats out here in jersey, so ya *****s can show me the ropes..