Honda Ruckus and Scooters Ruckus, Silverwing, Reflex, Helix, Metropolitan

2015 Ruckus Electrical Help, Starting Related

Old 02-25-2019, 11:16 AM
Trial User

Default 2015 Ruckus Electrical Help, Starting Related

I got a like new 2015 50cc Ruckus on a trade. The PO said that it had a dead battery but would kick start and run good....which it does. I just got a chance to check and there isnt even a click from the solenoid. I fully charged he battery and no go. With the key on, I can honk the horn, turn signals and rear lights work, headlights do not come on, even with the engine running (kick started). I did a quick inspection and all looks original, untouched, except there is a pigtail for a tricke charger on the battery.

I know i need to check the starter relay on the + side of the batt terminal, but it seems strange hat the headlights do not come on with it runing.

Which terminals pass juice to the starter on the starter solenoid connector? All fuses check good on the + batt connector. Is there another hidden fuse? Where is the starter solenoid. I would like to do the easy stuff first before I start tracing the wires starting from 5e start push button.

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: