Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

What Have you done to your Prelude today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What Have you done to your Prelude today?

My mounts are bow solid. Look great just gotta finish curing and get the engine out of my donor to redo and drop in getting close I can feel it. Hope I get it done before the end of the month or I'll be carless since I'm not renewing my sol
Old 05-07-2014, 11:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, our weather here has sucked so far this "spring" and we are still getting freezing temps at night and snow daily. Even so, I got my WRX fixed and out of the garage so that the lude can go back for some TLC.

Got the headlights "finished" and they are on the car. I have to place the ballast and wires, and put the bumper back on, but I am so stoked. I was up until 11:30 in the garage tonight after pulling the bumper etc after work, and heading to the gym while the drivers side light cooled once I got it all together.

First funny thing, I think that the lights were so beat up, just better lenses would make a huge difference. This is a shot of the light that I just did, and the lights from the car. Keep in mind I paid $60 for this light lol.

A shot with both of the old lights.

On the car!

Not bolted up tight, but there.

Same idea. Oh and this lens came from the $60 dollar light I bought, the guy had this one, but the back was busted apart, so he gave it to me for 5 bucks, and he took a long time shipping, so I got a set of GTR foglights for the wait.

Oh and another little bit of engine protection ready to go on, since revving a 95 mm crank to 8500+ has me nervous.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ Car looks great with those new headlights! I bet your nighttime visibility improved quite a lot too.

Here's what I did to my Lude

Dipped my wheels Vintage Gold.

Though I recently got new tires (wasn't planned...) so I had to peel my dip off my wheels (they got dinged up and peeled A LOT around the rim).

I'll probably re-dip them next week and add one or two coats of gold metalizer. I think it'll give it a nice pop Vintage gold is much duller than I imagined, but I still think it looks great.

Last edited by mocchan; 05-08-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

installed my vent. was a bigger pain in the @$$ then i thought it would be. looks alright tho. cant tell its crooked form this angle
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2014, 09:58 PM

Two days later, and here we go....

Was going to do this last night, but was hanging out with a big Prelude fan I know from other forums, who has been banned here lol. He has a sick J-swap almost finished as well..

Here is a shot on the car.

Outside view from the front, and yes they are lame cell pics, the wife has our better camera in Brazil right now.

Cutoff pic, this was in a fairly bright parking lot, and starting to rain/ snow, but I am fairly happy with it.

How the car looks from the front, I think it is about time to get the Seibon hood back on for the summer!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Competition Clutch flywheel, Exedy clutch kit, Axels, and some drilled rotors and pads all around
Old 05-12-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Buildraceparty
Competition Clutch flywheel, Exedy clutch kit, Axels, and some drilled rotors and pads all around
What is the weight on the flywheel, and is it SFI approved and stamped?
Old 05-26-2014, 12:11 PM

Well, on the dyno Sat night, first pull my exhaust cam gear bolts loosened off and the cam went fully retarded, bent all the exhaust valves at 7K rpm. Quick end to that night.

Lesson learned, stay away from cheaper parts. The gears were BWR, and the tuner said he has seen a few sets fail, although none quite as badly as mine. I had been running them for 2 years and they had always stayed tight up until now.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Well, on the dyno Sat night, first pull my exhaust cam gear bolts loosened off and the cam went fully retarded, bent all the exhaust valves at 7K rpm. Quick end to that night.

Lesson learned, stay away from cheaper parts. The gears were BWR, and the tuner said he has seen a few sets fail, although none quite as badly as mine. I had been running them for 2 years and they had always stayed tight up until now.
Damn.... Sorry bro that sucks... Ive heard good things about BWR in general too.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:46 PM

Yeah I figured they were just s2 knockoffs, but I guess the S2 Tuner style can have the same issue, and really all the gears with smaller allen bolts. Kenny suggested AEM or Golden eagle as the ones to trust. With the amount of H engines he has tuned, I am more than willing to head his advice, I think he looked more bummed than I was when it happened.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally found a set cl stock rims .. I didn't know they were made enkie .. Now to get em cleaned up...

My prelude drawing :-) ..

Old 09-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Washed & pulled all mats to clean, cleaned carpet, replaced horn button. Pulled left fuse panel checked fuses. Still removing water from sun roof drain back up, replacing water absorbing Wet/Dry crystals. Works well to remove excess water in vehicle & trunk.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tried to go with a brush aluminum look on the VC .. Failed but looks better than before lol
Old 09-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Fixed broken stuff the former owner rigged like replacing the half shaft and atts delete plate, distributor issues, ground wire relocation issues, cooling system problems and stuff that broke in between fixing it. I restored the peeling door trim replaced a sticking heater control cable, did a tune up, replaced every fuse, and a few other small repairs back in cold weather. This spring I removed the driver door wiring harness and replaced all seven broken wires by removing the male half and rebuilding it with new factory pins on all 18 wires. Next is sticking rear calipers. Sheesh.
This winter I plan on restoring the engine and bay to be all pretty, replace some more moldings, fix the bat wing door handles, and a slew of other stuff when it aint broke down.
238k miles on the chassis. She's old and worn out.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Painted my OEM side skirts and rear valences to match body (sorta, 90% there) and added a front lip Also rocked a hood bra for a little while.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ordered all the necessary parts for the hood prop! I don't know why I am so excited for this lol, just glad I finally have one on order. Ordered from Majestic Honda, and price wasn't all that bad. $50 shipped for all four parts.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Trial User

I wonder how those would look on my eucalyptus green prelude. my rims are in terrible shape as it is. how much did it cost you to do that.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Trial User

what do you think about the f20b motor?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by f20b_prelude
I wonder how those would look on my eucalyptus green prelude. my rims are in terrible shape as it is. how much did it cost you to do that.
If you're talking about what I did to my wheels, then it cost around $60 or so. I purchased the Wheel Kit from DYC with two cans of Gold Metaliser.

My wheels weren't in the worst shape but the brushed aluminum looked was starting to peel in places, so they definitely freshened up the look.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How I spent my summer.

^^ H23 lowered into my son's 01.
In addition to the usual parts swapping from the H22 onto the H23, some stripped tranny bolt threads were heli-coiled and since the flywheel bolts were overtightened (ie stretched) all of those were replaced.
DEPOG was instrumental in the project getting this far.
Now to fasten stuff, install axles, get her cranked n drive it to the shop that'll install a thermal research exhaust with a vibrant resonator.
It's been a few months in the process and the final steps will be planned n persued in slow motion to ensure this baby holds up a long long time.

Meanwhile my 97 awaits some hard to start diagnosing.

^^ the 97 and the 01 at Prelude Dr.

New wheels

^^ new ATTS plate

^^ new spark plug cover

^^ accord radio pocket

01 stuff:

^^ motor pulled

^^ shortly after motor pull

^^ shortly before motor install

^^ H23 a few days ago.

It was a good summer at Prelude Dr

Last edited by bykfixer; 09-23-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Painted cl rims.. I like it..
Old 12-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Spent 4 days on my prelude. New cvs, new front wheel bearings, new timing belt kit install, new tyres Bridgestone re002 potenza adrenalins, fixed leaking valve cover seal, and tuned. Hasn't felt this good on the road for a long time. Definately worth all the time and money. Have been neglecting my prelude for a while so it's good to get her running great again.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ engine bay restore in full swing

After having some hard to start issues, disappearing coolant and some other aggrevation I parked the car and began refurbishing the entire outside of the engine. Either fixing or replacing every sensor, keeper, hose and harness until it's done.
Doing the rest of the engine bay while at it.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Preludes been chilling all winter but gonna wash it up after maybe.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally got time to clean IACV, screen completely blocked. Used throttle body cleaner and then reassembled with new gasket. I also polished it up. Idle is now awesome, no surge or bounce at all.

Quick Reply: What Have you done to your Prelude today?