Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuuf done in san diego?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego?

what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego?
Old 05-09-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (superjunprelude)

http://www.g-lightracing.com i live in san diego and this is the place i take my car to they use dealership parts and charge you way below dealership price on labor. they also did my h22 swap and i am very impressed w/the results. tell them steve reffered you. heres their # 858-569-0693
Old 05-09-2004, 07:52 PM

Group 5 in Miramar doesn't good work but they cost an arm and a leg.
I've heard that AEBS does awsome tuning.

stay away from Enginuity
Old 05-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (speedracer9k)

Yeah stay away from Enginuity and Pann auto
Old 05-09-2004, 09:12 PM

JDMConcepts in vista, CA
760-806-9489
Talk to gabe.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostindrvr)

koo
Old 05-11-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (superjunprelude)

The good shopes i would have to say is for one enigma that one in chula vista off of main or something they did my friends gsr swap into his hatch and they also did the NOS kit on his car we were pleased with the results. No problems at all since the swap was done. Umm as far as body shops dont really know cant help you there bro, good audio shop maybe the one near my house audio exellence they pro at all audio sutff and rims. So there you have the good and i wont even start with the bad every1 knows whos bad haha! I think the number to that enigma shop is 619 423 8346 or something i also heard they do h22 swaps too so call em if u decide to do anything in that nature...later.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 PM

what ever you do do not go to hsr in chula vista. i took my h22 hatch in their and they didnt even know what kind of motor i had. i had them do acouple of things to my car like short shifter which they didnt know how to put on, fix the flange in my two piece headers and they broke one of the bolts. plus they cant even find a throttle body upgrade for a 94 h22a1. unless you wont your car messed up then dont go their
Old 05-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (killer hatch)

greenlight does do some good work...the guy darren over there is a great guy...i had my clutch put in over there.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (ekay_jeremy)

Epic Motorsport -sucks ***, they are not organized and hire people who dont know very much.

Revenge Motorsport- Extremely good work, did my h22 - del sol swap flawlessly. Port polish, roll cages, engine builds, swaps, heavy custom fab, wiring etc. Gets great deals on parts. 619-328-5352 tell them Nick referred you. Also is a distributor for a couple of companys= cheaper parts
Old 05-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (ekay_jeremy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekay_jeremy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">greenlight does do some good work...the guy darren over there is a great guy...i had my clutch put in over there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

is this Darren that used to drive a factory yellow CRX
Old 05-19-2004, 12:45 PM

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (Hatch4urSnatch)

yes hes had 3 crxs
Old 05-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (stubh22a4)

saw your car at the shop in the middle of the swap....is it done?
Old 05-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (stubh22a4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stubh22a4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes hes had 3 crxs</TD></TR></TABLE>

Darren that lives in Serra Mesa and used to be from Ballistic?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:02 PM

Everybody that lives in SO CAL is tight .

I haven't got any work done on my car yet by anybody besides myself, but Speed Alliance off Clairemont Blvd is where I got my rims and body kit. I have always got good service from them and received pretty good prices. They make trips every weekend up to LA to get all their parts, so the wait for purchased items is not long. It is a couple blocks down from CHEETAHS .
Old 05-19-2004, 08:13 PM

swap isn't done yet hopefully by thurs it will be in how is your car doing did you get it back yet?
Old 05-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superjunprelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego?</TD></TR></TABLE>
What exactly do you need done? I thought you owned or worked at a shop here in San Diego.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (@ries)

im doing a small survey hehe
Old 05-20-2004, 08:47 AM

Its tough to say, theyve all worked everywhere... meaning: Ive seen former pann employees working at various shops, ive seen former Pan/Enginuity employees working at various shops... Theyre everywhere...

Back in 98 (I was 17 turning 18) I had an 88 CRX HF, my first car. I bought a complete B16 change over, did a few things here and there and did the swap myself in front of my moms house. This is back in the days where most people were making their own mounts so of course I made my own for the swap. The mounts were fab'd and welded all in front of my moms house. The swap took roughly 3 days due to the fact that I had to figure out the mounting/positioning and wiring all on my own. The internet wasnt something I was too familiar with at the time. The swap took place during the week, I took a few days off of work to get it done. During this time several cars owned and driven by a few employees of a well known crooked shop in SD were driving past my parents street. The reason I knew who they were is because a friend of mine had worked for that same shop and quit once he had learned the things that go on there. He didnt want tobe associated with that type of atmosphere.

The swap was finished and of course like anyone who is power happy after a swap I started popping up at local events and the local street racing scene. A few weeks went by, nothing out of the ordinary happend. One morning I get up to go to work, shopwer, get ready, grab my keys and wallet, walk out the door and see that theres no CRX parked in the spot I had parked in the night before. Instead my neighbors sentra was in that spot. I figured maybe my dad had moved my car or something so I ran in the house and asked and to my disapointment he said he hadnt moved it or even seen it the night before. He had gotten in late the night before returning from a business trip and figured I had went out for the night. At that point the sad reality of what happened had set in...

To make a long story shorter...

I found out who had stolen my car through my friend. I had even found out the guy who had bought the parts off my car along with the guy who was now running my motor...

I confronted the guy who jacked my car and aprted it out and there were guns pulled, threats made and a whole bunch of BS... I just figured at that point "**** it, its just a car, its not worth my life" and chalked it all up to a learning experience.

I try and avoid shops as much as possible now and on the few occasions I do take my car somewhere its only to people I know and trust. If for some reason I do take my car to an unknown shop I document the hell out of everything on my car before it goes in, pictures of its current condition, etc, etc, pay in cash only to avoid any of my information getting into their hands and never give my actual adress
Old 05-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (Rick Solis)

bump for shady *** shops in sd!
Old 05-22-2004, 09:41 PM

Revenge Motorsport
Old 05-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (AllMotorCRX161)

i would have been the one pulling the gun if my car was stolen, ******* shoot that peice of ****.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Re: what is the good shop and bad shop to get stuff done in san diego? (Hatch4urSnatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch4urSnatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Darren that lives in Serra Mesa and used to be from Ballistic? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Anyone can work on a honda ! do it yourself

Modified by WANAGETSMOKEDB18C5 at 10:25 AM 6/7/2004