Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Tranny questions/problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny questions/problem

I did a search for tranny/shifter issues and can't determine this problem. Anytime I shift into 5th gear I get a slight bit of resistance and it doesn't seem to travel the same distance as say 3rd gear. There is no grinding noise nor has it ever poped outta gear on it's own. I know that the syncros help to hold the gear in place while under load so maybe the syncros aren't bad? I read about someone having a stiff feel when shifting into 5th and he found out (how I don't know) that the tranny had the wrong fluid in it. He changed it and fixed his problem.

Another problem is that occaisionaly I will be at a red light and I can't get the car in 1st. I have to put it in 3rd then 4th and then try to put it back into 1st before it will slide in.

Anyone have an idea what may be going on here? Again there's no grinding noise so I doubt that it's a syncro but I'll see what you guys think.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Tranny questions/problem (Drag'nGT)

Bump?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Tranny questions/problem (Drag'nGT)

i dont know if u have h22 tranny or not but my h22 tranny seems very sluggish prolly the worst i have ever felt i remeber reading somewhere that its common as for not going into frist no clue but i think as long as there is no grinds and its not popin out your all set