Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

and then there was life.... partial life

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default and then there was life.... partial life

The otehr night I finally finished everything with with h22 swap, turned over second try... I'm all excited, and then I notice a CEL. I pull a code 41 and 7 (i think those are the numbers) throttle position sensor, and heated oxygen sensor.. I'm assuming my o2 sensor is shot since it's been it the car only go knows how long and looke dliek **** when I pulle dit from one downpipe to the next. but the tps shoudl be fine. it's brand new, my mnaual says to check the voltage across different wires, but the plug doesn't click in to teh tps because part of it broke.. shoudl that matter or shoudl I solder on a new plug from the jdm harness I have? I haven't drove teh car since I'm still rebuilding the brakes, but would either of these CEL's make me run in limp mode? thanks for teh help, i probably woudl still be figuring out why my old downpipe wouldn't work if it wasn't for honda-tech... help me get this thing on the road...
Old 03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, maybe i shouldn't have put such a G@y title on this thread... i'm going through th troubleshooting flowchart as we speak...
Old 04-01-2006, 09:39 AM

The TPS code will make your car run goofy. I have the same problem b/c my TPS plug is chipped and it doesn't clip, so it will lose its connection and run bad. I basically tied it down by wrapping it, and it works fine.

If you have a spare connector, solder it on.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, so now I ran th car a while, it was idling high, and then went to reset the ecu, and started it up again. cel still there as with abs because I have no fluid because the brakes aren't done yet, i jump the connector to get th cel codes and it won't give me anything.. it seems liek the abs light is blinking once. do you have to get rid of any abs lights before you get to find out a cel? Tomorrow i'm going to get contact cleaner to clean the plug on the tps, and the 02 sensor, but am I going to have to wait to finish th brakes before I can Diagnose any cel's? My dad said it might be because of a new battery. I was pulling th eone in my corolla out to get th codes before, but today I put in a new one. woudl that do anything?
Old 04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LudeyKrus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LudeyKrus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The TPS code will make your car run goofy. I have the same problem b/c my TPS plug is chipped and it doesn't clip, so it will lose its connection and run bad. I basically tied it down by wrapping it, and it works fine.

If you have a spare connector, solder it on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you dont need to solder the connector on you can just get the pins out and into the new one, it will require a small pick and some patience, but you can get the pins out
Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I called the place I bought teh motor from and they said I may have installed th TPS in wrong. I searched my honda manual but couldn't find anything on how to do it. I just bolted it straight in, but i guess you have to turn it sideways, insert it, and then roate the outside of it to line up wit the botl holes. I'm trying that tomorrow.