Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Suspension Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 08:23 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Advice

Hi guys, I've been going through all the archived posts and it's been real educational, especially Sean (the attorney's) posts. Here's the deal, I wanna lower my car and had originally decided to go with Koni yellows and eibach Prokits which would give the car 1.3" drop. But after visiting this dealer, there was a prelude with a real nice 1.7" drop. After speaking to the owner, he told me they were APEX springs. So, I've now decided on these springs. At first I was gonna stick to the stock shocks, but after re-reading the posts, I really wanna do it right the first time, so I'm thinking of shocks now. The shocks I've picked out are the adjustable KYB AGX. Seems that people are quite happy with these shocks.

So, my question is do I need to make sure the shocks are compatible with the springs? Do I need to "match" them up. Or will ANY springs basically work with any given shocks?

Hope you guys can give the newbie some insight on this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! BT
Old 05-20-2001, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Suspension Advice (84RHONDA)

Exactly which prelude do you have?? 5g I assume.. I would go with the koni/eibach coilover setup.. That way you can get the height you want and the koni's is a good match with most springs, being that hey are adjustable.. I have the AGX and like them, but they are a little soft for 5g ludes, but work well for 4g..

I would go with eibach because you can pic your spring rates, and your ride height.. Also you can get replacement springs with any other spring rate if you want.. The koni's are a great choice because they are the best shocks and can be rebuilt, and if you get into autox or lapping days, you can get them custom valved if you wish.... Also with both these items, you can find everything you need for them in the USA