Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Stage 1 cams, profile size

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 cams, profile size

can anybody get drawnigs of stage 1 cams? Skunk or OBX. or can anybody give me advice, where can i get them? basicly i need only high cam profile drawing.

thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Stage 1 cams, profile size (beqa16v)

My advice is dont get OBX. Period.

Each manufacture is going to have different profiles to fit their "Stage 1 cam" That being said, there is an offical thread on cams, read up, learn, then ask more questions. Search > You
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM

i have already searched, but i didnt find any drawings. i want them because one guy is making cams for me for 200$ from high quality materials, he claims they will be stronger then stock. i just need drawings of stage one cams. OBX will be ok cuz it's a skunk2 replica.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: (beqa16v)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beqa16v &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have already searched, but i didnt find any drawings. i want them because one guy is making cams for me for 200$ from high quality materials, he claims they will be stronger then stock. i just need drawings of stage one cams. OBX will be ok cuz it's a skunk2 replica.</TD></TR></TABLE>

From what I have read all OBX products are replicas, that doesnt make me jump to buy one or that it will be "ok" because it is a replica. There are a few threads of the FEW brave soles that try out the obx cams, they both ended with a head full of metal flakes and fucked rocker arms. So go ahead genius I dare you. Regrinds aren't that good unless you get them from a reputable source, like Webs or someone who knows what they are doing. I still dont understand wtf you are asking for a drawing for, do you mean the specs of the lobe lifts and durations?? or are you looking for a blueprint so you can have "the guy making you cams for 200$" to copy from? If the guy doing your regrinds doesnt know how to work off the specs given you are going to get a low quaility metal piece of **** to ruin your head. You have lots of pain in your future.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you get it. He's not buying OBX cams. He wants the exact specs of them so he can have a shop grind him some of the same spec. Anyway, there was a thread like this a while back, but I don't believe it got any answers
Old 09-28-2006, 09:42 AM

Default Re: (InvaderTrax)

I understand that, but dipshit thinks someone company is going to give out a cad file or something like that so that others can copy their products. That type of thing is confidential most of the time, they will give the specs but not a spec by spec perfect drawing. And really if the dude making the cams for you does know how to make cams of spec then your both screwed.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Chuckles99SH)

haha that is true. and please stop trying to knock off other people's cams. too much research and development went into this crap for you and some backyard machinist to go out there and make copycat dipsticks out of. at the very least, buy your own set and copy them and sell them or whatever the hell.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:05 AM

lol i dont want to sell anything and i'm not screwed, i dont live in USA, i live too far away to be screwed