Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Skunk2 70mm TB Question!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 70mm TB Question!

Originally Posted by nus_dogg
Damn! I guess, I'll have to sell it then. I can't return it now cause I bought it used from a guy off ebay.

But, I read Skunk2's installation and troubleshooting PDF and it said that if its sticking while butterfly is closed then to tighten the butterfly screw til it doesn't stick anymore. It also said that if it sticks while open, it needs a new return spring from Skunk2.

Oh well. I'll see how its like after I install it. Maybe it'll stick, maybe it won't if I'm lucky.
I am thinking that regarding the sticking while open its do to old rusted spring just like what Acidcrakker said. So I will juts keep mine nice and oils to keep the rust away.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 70mm TB Question!

Originally Posted by nus_dogg
I got a major question!

You guys see these spots that I circled?? Are they going to leak?

Also, the Thermal gasket is this thick. I know for a fact that the TB won't be able to touch the IM with a gasket that thick:

Let me know what you think, cause I got a feeling that I might have a vacuum leak. What gasket will I need?

EDITED: I think I must've installed the thermal gasket wrong in those pictures above. LOL Here's the correct way I believe:

But still, there's still that open spot thats not covered by the gasket and it will be expose. I believe that port is for the MAP sensor. Will I have vacuum leak then?
I can see why you may have issues with yours, those butterfly screws do look small. and you spring material is not as the new ones now. Take a look at mine and you will see the improvements. I think once I keep these nice and oiled it should be great.