Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

plz give me a hand w/ these codes...im lost

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz give me a hand w/ these codes...im lost

first of all i have a 97 prelude sh w/ cai as my only mod
about a month ago my check engine light came on, along w/ the atts light. i took it to the dealer and he hooked it up and told me the codes were
42-1 pgm-fi communication error
43-1 pgm-fi (f1 sensor)

72-1 tire diameter different

p1279 vtec system failure (i think this is just something w/ a screen being clogged and not allowing for enough oil pressure, so the vtec isnt kicking in)

i have no idea if this has nething to do w/ these codes but my powersteering isnt working and the fluid is at the right level.

i also checked atts, and clutch fluids and there all at the right levels

ne suggestions as to what these codes are, and how much to fix/could i do them myself?

thx

Old 04-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: plz give me a hand w/ these codes...im lost (bchomka)

in the sh model when ever the CEL comes on it turns the atts light on too, you atts is probably fine

can you help us out and try and give us alittle back ground, anything that lead up to this, what happend before the CEL came on, did you change anything, install or remove something. think long and hard, its very rare that things decide to **** the bed randomly, though it can happen , ususally there are signs leading up to the final problem

one thing you can do is pull the neg batery cable off for about 10 min and reset the computer, then put it back on and start driving the car and see if the CEL comes back, if it does take it to like your local autozone or parts palace , most of those places have obd2 scan tools and will pull the codes for you for free ,

as far as the power steering goes, if you belt is on, and have plently of fluid then it could be a pump problem, is there no asist at all or only very little? any strange pump noises?