obd1 h22 water pump on obd2 h22a4 and visa versa - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

obd1 h22 water pump on obd2 h22a4 and visa versa

Old 09-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Trial User

Default obd1 h22 water pump on obd2 h22a4 and visa versa

I need to know if the obd1(with crank sensor in distributor) h22 can be used on the obd2 (crank sensor near water pump) motors or the other way around. the block on my motor says h22a4 so I bought the pump for that and the shop is saying two of the bolt holes are off.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: obd1 h22 water pump on obd2 h22a4 and visa versa

Should be same block so it should be same water pump as well..
Old 09-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: obd1 h22 water pump on obd2 h22a4 and visa versa

The water pumps are the same as far as fitment goes... the oil pumps are different, and since the newer pump has provisions to mount the crank position sensor and TDC sensor on the front of it, it does differ from the OBD-1 style or JDM style oil pump. Both oil pumps function the same. The bolts that will not line up are those of the lower plastic timing cover... but this can be replaced with the one that matches the model year of the engine oil pump.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: