Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

NSX calipers...........

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NSX calipers...........

OK, I recently upgraded to the VTEC front brakes on my 92 Si. I see that the NSX twin piston calipers also work. My question is, are the brackets the same?? I can order the calipers with or without the brackets, I would rather not have to spend the extra $$$$ if I do not have to though. Also, I read that the Prelude single pistons actually produce more braking force. Can someone verify this is true because I am not wanting to change just to say I have Twin Piston Brakes, I just want the best braking possible.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: NSX calipers........... (Apex1972)

not gonna find reman'd NSX calipers...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: NSX calipers........... (Apex1972)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apex1972 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, I recently upgraded to the VTEC front brakes on my 92 Si. I see that the NSX twin piston calipers also work. My question is, are the brackets the same?? I can order the calipers with or without the brackets, I would rather not have to spend the extra $$$$ if I do not have to though. Also, I read that the Prelude single pistons actually produce more braking force. Can someone verify this is true because I am not wanting to change just to say I have Twin Piston Brakes, I just want the best braking possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know that Legend calipers work just fine. I bought remanufactured ones and didn't have to buy any additional brackets. They fit fine on my Si.

Legen calipers are almost exactly like NSX caliper....just no bling.

Not sure why you even need to get bigger calipers though. Just wasting money IMO. If you don't track your car, you don't need them. VTEC calipers are perfectly fine for street driving. People seem to focus on bigger calipers....and skimp on the pads and tires. Oh, then they put cross drilled and slotted rotors on. LOL
Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NSX calipers........... (AndyD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndyD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know that Legend calipers work just fine. I bought remanufactured ones and didn't have to buy any additional brackets. They fit fine on my Si.

Legen calipers are almost exactly like NSX caliper....just no bling.

Not sure why you even need to get bigger calipers though. Just wasting money IMO. If you don't track your car, you don't need them. VTEC calipers are perfectly fine for street driving. People seem to focus on bigger calipers....and skimp on the pads and tires. Oh, then they put cross drilled and slotted rotors on. LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorta. The Legend caliper has bigger pistons, but the NSX caliper is much lighter, and, since the NSX brakes are mounted like ours (Legend is towards the rear), the bleeder screw is on the right side
Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NSX calipers........... (AndyD)

Legend Calipers have Bigger Pistons by 2mm's than the NSX Calipers. But the NSX Calipers are Aluminum, so they are much lighter than the Legend Calipers.

Also, the Legend Rotors are 3mm wider than the Prelude Rotors and they're also 5 Lug, so a 4thGen can not use them..
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 PM
ECX
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all in the FAQ. Read about this earlier.