Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

A new 4th gen prelude on the scene!!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: A new 4th gen prelude on the scene!!!!

Looking forward to seeing another Lude in the drag scene
Old 05-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick!!! i hope to be in you shoes really soon!!! i do have a couple of questions. y h22 (i do love the h anf f's!) and are you running pump gas or race?? go H.A.M sir go H.A.M!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Good to hear from you Roger, and I think we all understand how much time and money this hobby takes, even without being at your level!

Can't wait to see what the next progression brings either, hopefully get the Lude back up top with how fast all the SFWD guys have been this year!
Thanks man. It takes ALOT more then people would think. It's not easy at all and a very costly hobby. IMO It's why most people talk a big game and when they try it they fail and/or give up. It's alot of trial and error to learn things and get it right. 'm still learning to this day. As far as the SFWD guys go they are flying forsure! I really don't pay attn to who is doing what I set my own goals and go after them. I do go rounds and most of the time I am not the faster car but faster driver

Originally Posted by spoolinlude
He'll race my car this year, once the dyno move is over and I can get on it.....

We'll either break it or go too fast for the safety cert (no cage).

Glad Roger and a select few haven't lost sight of what this hobby is about and given up on their cars and either parted them out or sold them.
We can dyno it anywhere fool. Bring it to absolute. We can break it out at the MIR event in July and run open session. Or a test n tune. Doesn't matter much too me lets get it done.

Originally Posted by tkarner03
glad to see this thing intact still!! your car alone is what got me hooked on ludes!!
When it's back on the track. I think it's going to be a whole new animal!
Originally Posted by 98vtec
Looking forward to seeing another Lude in the drag scene
A guy I know is actually supposed to be buying my street car. And turning it into a drag car. I have enough parts laying around to build a low 10 high 9 second prelude. I may just do it sometime just to do it. It would be kick ***.

Originally Posted by theLame1
sick!!! i hope to be in you shoes really soon!!! i do have a couple of questions. y h22 (i do love the h anf f's!) and are you running pump gas or race?? go H.A.M sir go H.A.M!!!
Im my shoes really soon!? I'll say i doubt it. It takes ALOT. Just the fact you're asking if it's on race gas shows you have alot to learn. You have to walk before you can run and crawl before you can walk. Start small work your way up. Goodluck
Old 05-17-2013, 03:25 AM
I live under a rock

Originally Posted by md23vtec
We can dyno it anywhere fool. Bring it to absolute. We can break it out at the MIR event in July and run open session. Or a test n tune. Doesn't matter much too me lets get it done.

I haven't pitched that to Jason, he said Ben's dyno should of been moved by now, but I don't know if it is.... haven't talked to him in a week or two. He was supposed to let me know when it was ready to use. I want to get it done too man.... I'll hitup Jason again this weekend.

If you happen to talk to him mention it to him.... I'm ready to go. I just wanna drive the car already.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Small updates to report. New aluminum rod block should be done in the next week or so. RLZ made a badass ported cylinder head for me which will be going on the block. I've been working on the suspension to stiffen this thing up and get it going straight. I've done a few body upgrades while everything is apart and cleaned a few things up. I've done some weight reduction nothing too crazy as I will always retain full interrior.

That's pretty much all I have to report for right now. I wont be racing this year. But next year I'm going for 8's!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Small updates to report. New aluminum rod block should be done in the next week or so. RLZ made a badass ported cylinder head for me which will be going on the block. I've been working on the suspension to stiffen this thing up and get it going straight. I've done a few body upgrades while everything is apart and cleaned a few things up. I've done some weight reduction nothing too crazy as I will always retain full interrior.

That's pretty much all I have to report for right now. I wont be racing this year. But next year I'm going for 8's!!!
So when you going to break 6's. Lol
Old 08-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Acidcrakker
So when you going to break 6's. Lol
8.99 will be hard enough as it is lol
Old 08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All the time and money put into going that fast. Must of been expensive, but Im sure its worth it.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A new 4th gen prelude on the scene!!!! (Rosko)

I think the janitor key chain is worth a tenth at least
Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can't wait to see you get into the 8's! sucks it wont be this year though!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you sticking with the 67mm BW turbo for now, or is something else in the future as well?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Acidcrakker
All the time and money put into going that fast. Must of been expensive, but Im sure its worth it.
I can't even begin to tell you how much I've spent on this thing it's nuts. It's not worth it unless it's something you honestly love doing just to do it.

Originally Posted by Greyout
I think the janitor key chain is worth a tenth at least
That's from 2006-2007 when I didn't own a trailor and I drove to the track went 10's drove home. If it makes you feel better it only has one key on the ring now.

Originally Posted by BergRacing21
can't wait to see you get into the 8's! sucks it wont be this year though!
It's a long process it takes time.

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Are you sticking with the 67mm BW turbo for now, or is something else in the future as well?
I'll be using the same BW67. In the future I may possibly move up to the BW S400 72 later if needed.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there any word if you're rebuilding this car after last years accident? just curious, staying with the prelude chassis or switching? Would hate to see this prelude out the game i was so bummed after WCF last year.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:35 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BergRacing21
Is there any word if you're rebuilding this car after last years accident? just curious, staying with the prelude chassis or switching? Would hate to see this prelude out the game i was so bummed after WCF last year.
he texted me some pretty optimistic pictures so i would say so
Old 09-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98vtec
he texted me some pretty optimistic pictures so i would say so
Awesome! glad to hear, thanks man!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:26 AM
I live under a rock

It was rebuilt, with a custom one-off front end as well and some serious rear suspension changes.

I talked to Roger a few days ago - he's got a lot going on and taking a break this year. Still has the car but there are more important things.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spoolinlude
It was rebuilt, with a custom one-off front end as well and some serious rear suspension changes.

I talked to Roger a few days ago - he's got a lot going on and taking a break this year. Still has the car but there are more important things.
Hey man, anyone can understand that...i was just curious glad to know he wasn't ditching the car or switching body styles. I wish him the best i've always loved that car. Prob has a lot do with the fresco blue since its the same color my car is, oh and the fact his car is bad as sh*t!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The body has been fixed just needs some cleaning up. ALOT has changed. I'm still having issues with PPG trying to get the transmission parts I need. Once everything is all said done and back together I wouldn't shocked if I go low 1.5s high 1.4's in the 60ft. Right now it's still in the air when I will be back but I hope sooner than later.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The lude is running again!!! I'm not race ready just yet. We still have A LOT to do, but it's great to hear the car run again. I'll have a proper update with a few pics sometime in the near future.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Great to hear Roger!

It is always nice to be able to watch the results and videos from events like WCF and see the Prelude kicking ***!

Very interested to see what the new front end looks like, and what changes you have made to the suspension, if you feel like sharing that stuff. Hopefully everything keeps the rear more planted at the big end!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome!!!! glad to hear it!