Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

My prelude crank but won't start.....

Old 09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My prelude crank but won't start.....

Originally Posted by Yuyodrift91
Dude....are you serious? No crap, gas goes bad...and just pray to god your fuel lines aren't like clogged 'cause then your engine is ****ed......
hell yeah man check this out i got it fired up. i like to thank you and those that help me for those her were smart asses you can kiss mine but yeah. guess what it was. something simple like always. i got some nology wires. and i stacked the grounds on top of each other. stupid me right. well i thought about it. i remember relocating the battery and i put a ground on a ground. then it would not turn or anyting. so then i ground it bare chasis. so i thought about it and i move or ground each wire from the spark plug wires and bam. nothing at all was wrong no other check eninge lights but code 22 yeah man so thanks what your paypal email so i can wire you 20 bucks for your help. lol
Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by koreachangsu
hell yeah man check this out i got it fired up. i like to thank you and those that help me for those her were smart asses you can kiss mine but yeah. guess what it was. something simple like always. i got some nology wires. and i stacked the grounds on top of each other. stupid me right. well i thought about it. i remember relocating the battery and i put a ground on a ground. then it would not turn or anyting. so then i ground it bare chasis. so i thought about it and i move or ground each wire from the spark plug wires and bam. nothing at all was wrong no other check eninge lights but code 22 yeah man so thanks what your paypal email so i can wire you 20 bucks for your help. lol
Naw I'm good, just feels nice to help someone that needs it. Besides I don't have a paypal account.....
Old 10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

were you still getting signal to the dizzy? i ask b/c a friend is going thru this very same problem right now. he is getting power at the dizzy and signals and fuel pump is working and ecu is firing injectors but no spark. he has replaced coil, dizzy, crank sensor(obd2) and ecu. still nothing. thanks for info
Old 10-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by h22apwrdcivic
were you still getting signal to the dizzy? i ask b/c a friend is going thru this very same problem right now. he is getting power at the dizzy and signals and fuel pump is working and ecu is firing injectors but no spark. he has replaced coil, dizzy, crank sensor(obd2) and ecu. still nothing. thanks for info
Is the cap new? Mine had water inside the cap causing no spark.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah he has replaced the whole dizzy.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by koreachangsu

im having simular problems with my eg coupe i swap to a h22a4 im getting gas and fire but not cranking. when i say gas i mean gas very strong oder of gas and also getting to spark plug. when i say fire i mean lightning bolt lol but still no crank turns over trys to start but not cranking if you could help or know of anyhting that could help pleas let me know i would really appreciate it any help is better than no help really giving me a hassle and please explain what you did with your ground lol maybe thats my problem
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you do realize that his post was 2 years old right? way to bring back the dead lol
Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Trial User

hey i need some help. i have a 95 prelude si with a h22a swap, i just bought the car and i was running some tests for the ac fans, cuz they dont wanna kick on, but while i was doing that, something got fried! when i try to start the car (press in clutch and turn ignition) it clicks loudly then shuts off, then the power wont come on for a good 5 mins or so and it does the same thing everytime! and i have another question what do the black with a yellow stripe and black wires with a female side adapt. go? thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cam sensor? that would prevent it starting.... not sure what year your h22 is so i thought i would throw that out there... but gas could be the problem like yuyodrift said, but i would start checking some of the vital sensors......

pabb4
Old 10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Trial User

its not a gas thing i can asure you bro. it started up just fine today, then i started messing with those two wires i mentioned and i paperclipped it and something shorted it might be my main relay thats what im thinking. but it just clicks and shuts all power off then power comes back after about 5 mins or so, it does that everytime, and i just wondered where that connector goes i was trying to get it to throw a code instead it fried something. now it wont start at all. power shuts off everytime i try to start it, and its got a brand new battery
Old 10-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

el oh el.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Trial User

I am having kinda the same issue. The car started but died. I hear the gas pump come on and I am getting gas and spark. Don't won't start I am not getting any codes. Before I would always get a misfired 1 then 2 and 3 and 4 I cleared it and it would come back just to one changed plugs and wires. The cap and rotor. I just changed the main relay and it didn't help. It's flooding the spark plug. Any ideas
Old 02-25-2014, 06:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

The most economical choice here is to just replace the entire engine.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

God damnit. What's with these noobs bumping this old *** thread? It's like an ignorance hotspot.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Trial User

FYI I know cars but makes no since. Cranks getting gas and spark. Fuses are good. What the hell is the problem you don't even know. Timing Is right and the belt is not broken. If your such a bad *** what do you say it is
Old 02-26-2014, 01:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Run a compression test to see if your motor is in good shape or not.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by hondah22vtec
FYI I know cars but makes no since. Cranks getting gas and spark. Fuses are good. What the hell is the problem you don't even know. Timing Is right and the belt is not broken. If your such a bad *** what do you say it is
Like I said, this thread is a noob hotspot apparently.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Trial User

So I push started my prelude and would start right up but this morning tried starting it up and back to step one. I changed the distributor and no different