Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

..::: members telling other members to SEARCH and being DICKHEADS in general, READ THIS NOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (prelude_93vtec)

Looks like everyones trying to be nice now... well NOT ME lol
Old 11-18-2007, 08:48 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (ProjectBB6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectBB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks like everyones trying to be nice now... well NOT ME lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

"stfu donnie, you're out of your element."
Old 11-18-2007, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (98vtec)

Aww Honda-tech just became a happier place LOL
Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: (L0VL'ee_Mrs'Lude)

about time too, i was always taught, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. When non-USA members come on here, they just get the impression that you septics are a bunch of spiteful ******* with nothing to say except childish retorts. Heres to a future of sharing and caring, if the noobs post bullshit just report it.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

had to sig that

lol blake, wtf is a petarass?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 AM

Default post

I'm glad this topic has come up, i usually don't like to post in this forum because of the angry noob hater vibe that it gets.

Almost seemed like you could be flamed for helping the noobs out.

Everybody's had to start somewhere, and i just wish i had more to contribute, but to you for starting the wave.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post (kayo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kayo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm glad this topic has come up, i usually don't like to post in this forum because of the angry noob hater vibe that it gets.

Everybody's had to start somewhere, and i just wish i had more to contribute, but to you for starting the wave.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same. I've seen some interesting topics only to be brought down to the ******** by members who have the typical "Learn to use search" reply.

Myself, I asked about twin charging on ludes and some viable configurations only to get the reply "don't waste your time, or ours". WTF. I bet the person didnt even know what the concept of twin charging involves.

But yeah to the OP. Thank your for bringing it up.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: post (Slick_LudE)

i had a topic on here a while ago pointing this out. something along the lines of "if someone felt like building a show car, they better not use honda-tech for info because every reply would be 'ricer' "... but anyways, im glad to see a mod is putting a foot down. also, thanks for the info about reporting a thread. i was not aware of that.

i like the s2k forums cuz they are much more tame... but then again, there are far fewer novice questions. either way, blake
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post (kayo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kayo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm glad this topic has come up, i usually don't like to post in this forum because of the angry noob hater vibe that it gets.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont see why people are scard of getting flamed. Everyone gets flamed at first(doesn't Necessarily mean its right) until you get down how to speak internet.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post (Acidcrakker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Acidcrakker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont see why people are scard of getting flamed. Everyone gets flamed at first(doesn't Necessarily mean its right) until you get down how to speak internet. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Some people stick through it, others don't. We're here to help them all.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:01 AM
ECX
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: post (mgags7)

True that.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post (Slick_LudE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slick_LudE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Same. I've seen some interesting topics only to be brought down to the ******** by members who have the typical "Learn to use search" reply.

Myself, I asked about twin charging on ludes and some viable configurations only to get the reply "don't waste your time, or ours". WTF. I bet the person didnt even know what the concept of twin charging involves.

But yeah to the OP. Thank your for bringing it up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok now you need to realize something.....i just looked at that thread....so pleas dont complain about it...an '07 who doesnt even know how to change his Avatar posted that. everyone else was IMO VERY helpful and quite intrigued by your idea.......bad example

Old 11-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post (95greenlude)

I remember when bashing n00bs who couldn't even read the TERMS of SERVICE was a Sport! My how things change.... Now a n00b can "report a post to moderator" and get an OG docked points......

Modified by ::NirVTEC:: at 10:39 AM 11/19/2007
Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nowhere in the TOS does it say "You may not use this site if you are uneducated about Hondas"
Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nowhere in the TOS does it say "You may not use this site if you are uneducated about Hondas"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think thats the least of the problems.....Some of these n00bs think they know more than they do and Bad Info Posts are the result.
If I had the power, I would make a "Check-list" agreement that n00bs are required to read to join. Not just check a box and go like most sites...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (98vtec)

Blake....do you feel like a mother or teacher now¿ lol, I mean, all of this should be common sense but seeing as were on the internet it's like everyone transforms into Gibbs from NCIS or something and grows the biggest chip on their shoulders. I normally just ignore the stupid comments from most of the threads that are made but I'll make an effort to report negative comments

Can I go to the bathroom now Blake¿
Old 11-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can, the problem going on now is that there are people on here that do NOT know what they're talking about, and are posting WRONG info, then at the same time calling other people noobs and telling them to search, when that is what they need to do in the first place.

Nobody posts anything worthwhile in this forum anymore because of the attitude around here....
Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nobody posts anything worthwhile in this forum anymore because of the attitude around here....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think its so much the current attitude around here as much as the previous attitude that existed. We currently have 50+ members in my local Prelude Club, 3-4 of which actually post here because of past flaming they encountered.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: (::NirVTEC::)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ::NirVTEC:: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think thats the least of the problems.....Some of these n00bs think they know more than they do and Bad Info Posts are the result.
If I had the power, I would make a "Check-list" agreement that n00bs are required to read to join. Not just check a box and go like most sites...</TD></TR></TABLE>
agreed.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 AM
hu

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (98vtec)

Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Resident Hoser #1

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can, the problem going on now is that there are people on here that do NOT know what they're talking about, and are posting WRONG info, then at the same time calling other people noobs and telling them to search, when that is what they need to do in the first place.

Nobody posts anything worthwhile in this forum anymore because of the attitude around here....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh I know what it's like. When I do research I make sure to look at least 5 different references from multiple sources to find a correct answer. Unless the advice comes from people here that know what they are talking about. But even then I get more than one reference just to make sure

I try not to give any advice unless I've been through the situation personally or I've done so much research that I am confident the answer I give is the right one. This world is full of opinions and wrong information. It's not just subjected to this forum or website

I just wanted to mess with Blake a bit (I hope you don't mind me using your name) as I'm sure he as well as many others are fed up with 'kids' giving wrong info or just being a jackass.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I live under a rock

Default Re: (h23vtecpowered)

Here's an idea....

If you feel the topic is beat to death or completely idiotic, DON'T POST IN IT.... why waste your time?

This, among other reasons are why I hardly post in this forum anymore.

Just start ignoring posts that bother you, if all you can contribute is "SEARCH NOOB" then what have you really done, other than waste your time posting that worthless phrase.

No one reads the "read before you post" post either.

It'd be nice if there was a way to search old posts that was at the top of the page with an area to type, rather than a link to that page. I think more NEW people would use that.

I have one more request: If you're not 98-99% sure about what you're talking about, don't post anything, because posting inaccurate information is worse than not posting, I really hate that.

Thanks

Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CAN97SH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CAN97SH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh I know what it's like. When I do research I make sure to look at least 5 different references from multiple sources to find a correct answer. Unless the advice comes from people here that know what they are talking about. But even then I get more than one reference just to make sure

I try not to give any advice unless I've been through the situation personally or I've done so much research that I am confident the answer I give is the right one. This world is full of opinions and wrong information. It's not just subjected to this forum or website </TD></TR></TABLE>
SCRIPTURE has spoken!
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoolinlude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's an idea....

If you feel the topic is beat to death or completely idiotic, DON'T POST IN IT.... why waste your time?

I have one more request: If you're not 98-99% sure about what you're talking about, don't post anything, because posting inaccurate information is worse than not posting, I really hate that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: (::NirVTEC::)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ::NirVTEC:: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If I had the power, I would make a "Check-list" agreement that n00bs are required to read to join. Not just check a box and go like most sites...</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, so correct them. Don't make them think they can't post cuz they were humiliated aka ********.

i'd like to consider this forum an adult one, not some middle school "i'm better than you, i'm smarter than you and this is why" crap.

This is not a chatroom. That is what GDD is for.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:25 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: (98vtec)

and further, I think us moderators know too well the current status of the forum. We (moderators) are the ones that are fed up with it, not necessarily you guys. I say this because you guys are not required to be active here, much less post. so we have to put up with the bullshit that gets said in here and we have to decide what is best for the forum.

The original rules that were placed in here have never changed. There is no post whoring, there is no flaming.

You guys have no idea how much information is held from this forum because of many of the members "attitudes" here.

Quick Reply: ..::: members telling other members to SEARCH and being DICKHEADS in general, READ THIS NOW