Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

..::: members telling other members to SEARCH and being DICKHEADS in general, READ THIS NOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 02:31 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW.

i was confronted by an OG prelude member about the current status of the prelude forum and its members being "dick heads" no matter the topic which is posted. This person hit the nail on the head in that new people are not treated with respect. i have noticed that quite a few of the people who are dick heads are actually new themselves and have not proved themselves to this forum as being a member of contribution.
Being an ******* drives people away from here and leads them to talk down upon this forum and it WILL spread. There is no need to push new members away when they have legitimate questions.

I believe it is time to introduce a prelude forum etiquette that everyone must follow, regardless of "status".

1) if you are going to post in a thread where you feel the need to flame or be an *******, do so in a contributive manner and give the Original Poster some direction in where to find the information.

2) from now on, if you tell someone to search and do not provide direction, i will dock points.

3) before you post, think outside of your own shoes and think, "was i once in this situation?" ; "was my answer provided adequately?" Base your post off these questions and form a complete answer to the best of your ability

4) We all know that some people are just helpless and absolutely retarded. In these instances, this forum has a function in which you can report the post to a moderator. it is this icon
I ENCOURAGE you to use this. I honestly can only point out one person who consistently uses this function and uses it appropriately. Thank you mgags7
if it is a common topic, provide direction, report the thread and i will do what I think needs to be done, whether it is closing the thread or even placing it in the FAQ.

5) I'm tired of people being ******** in general and this is no longer going to be tolerated. If members who have been here awhile are getting irritated enough to make a lengthy IM to me, it is apparent that it is getting out of hand
1st offense receive a verbal warning via IM
2nd offense will receive a docking of points
3rd offense is a temporary ban for a time period of my discretion
4th offense is a permanent ban from being a member of Honda-Tech

6) do not post in a thread, which needs moderation, complaining why nothing has been done. USE THE THREAD REPORT and we moderators will get to it when we can. We are not being paid to be here, thus i WILL NOT devote all my time to keeping this forum clean.

7) This forum is not offtopic.com, superstreetmagazine.com, etc. Keep your bias opinions to yourself and only post useful information and you will be ok in my book and will never receive any bad vibes. Having a high post count means jack **** about your status here. There have been many members of Honda-Tech which have less than 500 posts and have been members for 5+ years. They are remembered more than someone who is a member from 2006 with 10k posts because all of the 500 posts have been helpful and contribute to the wellbeing of honda-tech.

If anyone would like to add to this list of forum etiquette, i will review your post and add to it at my discretion.

thanks.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (98vtec)

sounds good blake
Old 11-18-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (98vtec)

yay! i always do iT! lol whenever i see a post like this i am always polite

i dont think ive ever yelled at someone but i see a lot of jackasses that do it and it gets me mad

YAY FOR THE NEW RULES!!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (95greenl

this was already covered. You did not need to write all of that up. You should have used the search buttom

lol
Old 11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (95greenl

IDK, do I count as one of these *********. I try to help people the best I can, but like it says above some people just cant be helped. Im still pretty much a noob, but I know enough about a little.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by satan_srv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">5. RESPECT Respect all users, including new ones just because you've been around doesn't give you the right to be an ***. Unless you have something constructive to add keep it to yourself. Also please respect the majority of us who have a literary education and Do NoT TyP3 LyK3 dIz yO! Type like this and you will be auto docked 2%

Non-Compliance: Insulting newbies, telling people to search bluntly, or buy a helms, being argumentative for no good reason, poor attitude in posts, blatant flaming, condesceding tone in posts, being an ***, warping other people's threads for your own benefit etc.l</TD></TR></TABLE>

its basically that but in more detail. though
Old 11-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
moderator emeritus

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelude_93vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its basically that but in more detail. though</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes but how many people out of the 1000's who are prelude members are actually smart enough to use the faq and read the rules
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ill say it again...finally a mod who cares
Old 11-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good Blake. I noticed that this forum generally seems hostile to new members. I'm a member on other boards where the community helps eachother and are fairly knowledgeable and offer positive, constructive criticism. It's a pretty nice forum to be a member of.

We're all here bacause we share a common interest in Honda Preludes and when outsiders come here and are treated like dirt it earns us a poor reputation.

I know I've been a ******** to some people. In the future I'll keep my trap shut. Except for Mgags7. You hear that Matt? You goddamn n00b. I hate you, you jackass. GTFO.

Pirate
Old 11-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (PirateMc

Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (PirateMc

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PirateMcFred &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Except for Mgags7. You hear that Matt? You goddamn n00b. I hate you, you jackass. GTFO.

Pirate</TD></TR></TABLE>
woo pump your brakes son. we repping that 919 son. naw but seriously chill out with all that. matt's a cool dude and we all can be *** holes so chill out man and have a beer
Old 11-18-2007, 05:13 PM

I hate rules, but I'll try to be nice
Old 11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h23vtecpowered &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
woo pump your brakes son. we repping that 919 son. naw but seriously chill out with all that. matt's a cool dude and we all can be *** holes so chill out man and have a beer </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn. Matt would know I'm joking around.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PirateMcFred &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn. Matt would know I'm joking around. </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol ok. i didnt know. you seemed serious. i was just like damn is it that serious. i was playing as well man.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (gogunker

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gogunkergorilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I hate rules, but I'll try to be nice </TD></TR></TABLE>

well you better because your % will keep dropping.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: members telling other members to search and being ********* in general, READ THIS NOW. (gogunker

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well you better because your % will keep dropping.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

i think this should be stickied ya?

Old 11-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well you better because your % will keep dropping.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so we lose points for for being dicks..

how do you manage to gain points mr. 101%?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cash Bribes<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by plikit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how do you manage to gain points mr. 101%?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
moderator emeritus

1) if you are a moderator
2) if you have never fucked up and contribute to the forum like pirate has.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PirateMcFred &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know I've been a ******** to some people. In the future I'll keep my trap shut. Except for Mgags7. You hear that Matt? You goddamn n00b. I hate you, you jackass. GTFO.

Pirate</TD></TR></TABLE>

I heart you too Pirate

If you guys have noticed, my assholeness has taken a dive somewhat recently. I regret setting that example in the first place.

I can't tell you guys how many times I've had to actually stop myself from saying just search or whatever, and re-type for the x1000 time the same answer I've given before. It helps. Do it.

Blake, for you
Old 11-18-2007, 06:57 PM

finally... it seems like every other thread i read on here consisted of a question, and then about 10 responses saying "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, RETARDFACE." didn't matter how specific or difficult the question... a lot of the threads in the forum were becoming useless because of this. honda-drama.net.

thanks, blake... this definitely needed to be done.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adam62882)

keep up the good work Blake.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: (Rosko)

Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: (98vtec)

i think everyone should read this so theres no more problems

Modified by prelude_93vtec at 6:52 PM 12/19/2007

Quick Reply: ..::: members telling other members to SEARCH and being DICKHEADS in general, READ THIS NOW