Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

injector area modification for euro R intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default injector area modification for euro R intake manifold

Now before you even say it, I have searched, and searched. And every thread points to 2point6's collective racing site which apparently explains it. Well that site is dead.

So with that said, is there anybody that has done this before that has some pictures and/or can explain what the heck is going on here? I have found in another thread

useless links i've found
http://www.collectiveracing.ne...?t=10
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=337920
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=740328
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=352800
Old 12-14-2006, 09:10 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: injector area modification for euro R intake manifold (Bense)

do you have the manifold in your possession?

from what i have read, you just need to make the injector ports bigger.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Go Tigers!

Default Re: injector area modification for euro R intake manifold (B.Rabbit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B.Rabbit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you have the manifold in your possession?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope. that's what i've read as well, but then there's something about the fuel rail that i'm also confused about. A before/After shot would be soooo useful right now.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:26 AM
moderator emeritus

read this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 71dsp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually have two Euro R manis. One for the track car, and the other for the Civic, when I do the H22 swap.

Anyway, the manifold will bolt right up to the H22, although you'll have to trim the flange slightly if you use a stock IM gasket. If you use the thicker Hondata gasket, you shouldn't have to mod the flange at all.

The fuel rail will not bolt up to the Euro R, so you can fab an adapter for the stock rail (Blacktrax also makes one). Same goes for the IAC valve. I'm using the Blacktrax IAC adapter on mine, but I'm using the stock Euro R fuel rail. The rail works perfectly with S2k injectors, they're a perfect fit with the fuel rail and fuel rail mounts. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the FPR. I'll either use a stock one, or I'll use an outboard adjustable FPR. To use an outboard, the port for the stock FPR has to be tapped for a fitting to be installed.

The fuel supply fitting on the Euro R fuel rail is also on the opposite end, which isn't a big deal if you fab a fuel line (easy), but if you want to keep all your stock fuel items, I'd buy the adapter from Blacktrax.

The area around the injectors slightly shrouds the tips of the injectors. Most people just port the area around the injectors to mimic the stock mani.

The EGR bolts right up, but you'll need to get the Euro R EGR plate and gasket. Not many people tell you this when selling the Euro R mani. However, if you're not going to use the EGR system, you could always just plug the ports, then you can skip the EGR plate.

An H22 TB will leak around the bottom side if installed on a Euro R IM. I have both a Euro R TB and an S2k TB. They're almost exactly the same, and bolt right up to the Euro R IM with no mods.

When you buy the IM, don't forget to buy the throttle cable bracket as well. It's not like the standard H22 IM throttle cable bracket.

As for gains, I couldn't tell you. I'm waiting to install these Crower Stage 2 cams and install the IM at the same time so I only have to do one tuning session. I haven't built my next engine for the track car, so I haven't put an H22 in the Civic yet, so I can't give you any before/after numbers, sorry..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you know what port-matching means, that is what you do to the injector area, just match it to the gasket.

The fuel rail does not work in stock form, just get out you brain and fab something up to make it work, a quick run to ACE should be able to solve that

The EGR thing is explained in the post B.Rabbit made....

You also have to turn the vacuum ports to make them point like the stock ones do, mainly just the brake booster one....
Old 12-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Go Tigers!

i guess it will be much easier to figure out once i get the IM
Old 12-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"When you buy the IM, don't forget to buy the throttle cable bracket as well. It's not like the standard H22 IM throttle cable bracket."

anyone happen to know where to get this bracket?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injector area modification for euro R intake manifold (snowblind7x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snowblind7x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone happen to know where to get this bracket?</TD></TR></TABLE>
i would also like to know this

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bb4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you know what port-matching means, that is what you do to the injector area, just match it to the gasket.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i dont think there is a gasket in there correct me if i am mistaken?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:56 PM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: injector area modification for euro R intake manifold (my9thtry)

there is a rubber/plastic-like o-ring.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a Euro R mani that I bought brand new. I havent got around to modding it yet but i didint know anything about the Thrott cable bracket....
Old 12-15-2006, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B.Rabbit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a rubber/plastic-like o-ring.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah just make the the same size as the o-ring
Old 12-15-2006, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

match it to a stock gasket.....but use the hondata one.....its the same gasket, just heat-insulating and also I read somewhere that the flange would need to be shaved a little if you don't use that gasket....
Old 12-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I used the stock h22 throttle cable braket with one bolt. I used the h22a1 throttle body with a lower port honda bonded shut so it wouldn't leak. you don't have to moddify the brake booster nipple, just strech over the stock hose. works fine. I didn't use egr so you need to drill tap and plug each of the small holes in each runner where the egr feeds the gasses to. You need to make a custom fuel rail mount i can't tell u how to do that i just fabed one up. the injector porting is trial and error. get a stock injector and a stock IM gasket and start porting until the injector sits similiar to the stock h22a1 manifold. You also have to make an IAC plate so that u can use the 2 cirlce iac with the square port in the EURO R. if i think of anything else ill post that too,
Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can buy the IAC adapter plate for like $35 at http://www.BlackTrax.net . :X

instructions ..

You can get a fuel rail adapter from http://www.PowerRevRacing.com for about $25
Old 12-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bb4ever)

OHH i was thinking you would have to modify the injector seat.... now i understand im just curious does the euro R use a different kind of injector then the standard top feed? or is it more of the angle they sit?
Old 12-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (my9thtry)

the injectors are standard top feed, the only difference is the tip was longer.. after shaping the injector area i used 550 cc just fine.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Go Tigers!

I just wish I saw some pictures of this before I ordered.

I'm about to just go w/ ITBs
Old 12-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just wish I saw some pictures of this before I ordered.

I'm about to just go w/ ITBs </TD></TR></TABLE>

DO IT!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good post Top End

I never knew about the P2R fuel rail mount

Now all that installing this thing requires is slight skill with a dremel.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

subscribed