Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (ECX)

"i would roughly say on highway going 65-75 about 400+mpg" oops caught that one, my bad.. meant on a long trip from fresno to sacramento and back i got 400 miles on a full tank down to empty, sorry about the misinformation guys
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: (reymond23)

Where do you guys usually shift? I usually shift between 2500-3000..
Old 11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
ECX
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Mike1995HondaPrelude)

I try to shift at 2k when possible (if I don't have to semi-hurry pulling out and whatnot)
Old 11-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AndyD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndyD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I get ~385 miles out of ~13.0-13.5 gallons. I wirte down my mileage on EVERY receipt I get. I think the overall average I get for the car is ~29 MPG

I drive conservatively 99% of the time. I rarely get on it. That's why it treats me so well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

amen brother. if you take care of it, it will take care of you.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Silver Surfer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silver Surfer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> You guys realize mpg stands for Miles Per Gallon right? no one is getting 300mpg

<U>Please stop judging your fuel economy by how many miles you go before you fill up</U>

your gas guages may not be correct.
start your tripometer when you fill up......wait until next fill up and then check the mileage. Then divide the number of miles driven by the number of gallons you pumped into the car on that fillup.

If you'll f*cking search this has been covered before and i believe i ranted about this same thing </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahhahahahah I just realized. my mistake! yes mph stands for MILES PER GALLON. i should have wrote miles per tank.

but either i think people understand what it means.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (androO)

CRAP!!!! My car gets only 260 miles to a tank!?

WHY?! It's a bone stock motor except for the muffler. I did a complete tune up consisting of:

oil change
oil filter
timing belt
tranny fluid
spark plugs
air filter
torsioner
distributor cap

is there anything else I need to do to improve gas mileage? I drive really conservatively.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by androO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CRAP!!!! My car gets only 260 miles to a tank!?

WHY?! It's a bone stock motor except for the muffler. I did a complete tune up consisting of:

oil change
oil filter
timing belt
tranny fluid
spark plugs
air filter
torsioner
distributor cap

is there anything else I need to do to improve gas mileage? I drive really conservatively.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe
fuel filter
O2 sensor
check tire pressure
alignment? could cause some drag if not aligned to specs
maybe an induction service clean the throttle body and intake manifold
fuel system cleaner i prefer BG 44K
clean out junk in the trunk lol
Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (johnny five)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johnny five &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe
fuel filter
O2 sensor
check tire pressure
alignment? could cause some drag if not aligned to specs
maybe an induction service clean the throttle body and intake manifold
fuel system cleaner i prefer BG 44K
clean out junk in the trunk lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

i will look into this. thank you! if anyone has any other suggestions or comments please let me know i thought the car got 21/27 per gallon.

i should be at least getting 330 miles to a tank. this is i dont even drive it hard. i drive it like a grandma.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:19 AM

I also mix 93/89 that tends to help a lil..... i might just be imagining it, but i drive my car hard, and i get 27 like this. I had issues with my idle, and i was getting roughly 24, then i fixed and now 27. Also, I don't know if cooler weather has much to do with it, but it's been running better too since it's not so hot.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up?

I'm getting 375 miles per full tank. I put in nearly 14 gallons (capacity is 15.9 gallons). That averages to about 27mpg, and that's cruising 90% on the hwy (70-80mph), and the rest in city driving.

I use nothing but the best... Shell V-Power (93 Octane).

I traditionally use Mobil1 5W30 motor oil/filter (replaced every 10K miles), and get the vehicle serviced every 30K miles. She's pretty much babied. ALL STOCK, no mods. Tires are also aired to 34psi (to compensate for loss of air as it gets colder w/ the winter coming), and rotated/balanced every 5K miles.

I hardly complain bout gas mileage nor gas prices, since basically "You Drive, You Buy!".
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (HtxPrelude2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HtxPrelude2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm getting 375 miles per full tank. I put in nearly 14 gallons (capacity is 15.9 gallons). That averages to about 27mpg, and that's cruising 90% on the hwy (70-80mph), and the rest in city driving.

I use nothing but the best... Shell V-Power (93 Octane).

I traditionally use Mobil1 5W30 motor oil/filter (replaced every 10K miles), and get the vehicle serviced every 30K miles. She's pretty much babied. ALL STOCK, no mods. Tires are also aired to 34psi (to compensate for loss of air as it gets colder w/ the winter coming), and rotated/balanced every 5K miles.

I hardly complain bout gas mileage nor gas prices, since basically "You Drive, You Buy!".</TD></TR></TABLE>

what motor?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (androO)

I have an H22a4 though....

does that make a difference?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (androO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by androO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what motor?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stock engine, H22 for the 2000 year model. Still runs on original clutch, starter, alternator, hoses, etc.... and currently has 115k miles.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (HtxPrelude2K)

I get that and I have a 94 vtec.... so i got the low tranny and I constantly run it at 4k+ rpm's usually 4500 or so.... And I somehow still get 27. I'm lucky.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude either something is really f'd up with my car or you guys are lying.

i dont see how some of you usually run at 4500rpm and still beat out 27 miles to a gallon.

between 35-45 miles an hour I'm doing about 2000-2300 rpms.

at 55-70mph i'm doing about 2700-3200 rpm.

I do not go past that. I have been driving soooo conservatively in the past couple of weeks. with all the tune up im still only getting 260 miles to a tank.

URGH!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

being that i just did a timing belt... do i need anything addjusted? maybe if i got cam gears do you think that would help if i got it adjusted?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you driving mainly on freeway or city? That will make a huge difference on your gas mileage as preludes eat gas like theres no tomorrow in the city.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow didnt realise how low Octane ratings are in US. My 2.0i gets around 370miles to a tank and thats 55ltr fill (full tank is 13.9 UK gallons). My mates VTEC gets exactly the same. I did use ordinary 95 octane unleaded but now iv started using Tesco 99 Ron super unleaded/ shell V-power 99 octane as its a cleaner fuel and i get around 20 more miles to a tank so 390 miles. And thats redlining it alot, and cruising at 90mph on motorway.
So usually between 27mpg - 33mpg
Ps i dont have VTEC though.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I just seafoamed and took 2% from 1000-5000rpms out(via vafc) I am 1/2 way through the tank at ~175mi. I am going to get gas today just to see how the MPG is doing. I am going to be playing with (+) (-) fuel adjustments.
I have gotten ~450mi from a tank before. It was 70-75mph for about 6hrs straight. Right at 29mpg and that was making ~190whp!
I will check back later with results....
Old 11-07-2007, 07:16 AM
xod

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (::NirVTEC::)

Damn, I tried the fuel efficiency driving and I can only pull 330 MPT From full to Empty light.

I was reading on msn.com about how you can drive and actually increase your mileage by an insane amount. Roughly 400Miles a tank. It pretty much said never to stop and cruise into that stop sign going 3mph.

I also shift between 2-2.5k rpm and cruise highways at 70mph.

Is there anything that can be making my car lose Mileage? Cause my AC is broke. I also hear a swirl noise when I rev and launch at 2.5k rpm hmm. repair time.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Inextricabledrvr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Inextricabledrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you driving mainly on freeway or city? That will make a huge difference on your gas mileage as preludes eat gas like theres no tomorrow in the city. </TD></TR></TABLE>

65% freeway 35% city

trust me i drive very very conservatively
Old 11-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (xod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, I tried the fuel efficiency driving and I can only pull 330 MPT From full to Empty light.

I was reading on msn.com about how you can drive and actually increase your mileage by an insane amount. Roughly 400Miles a tank. It pretty much said never to stop and cruise into that stop sign going 3mph.

I also shift between 2-2.5k rpm and cruise highways at 70mph.

Is there anything that can be making my car lose Mileage? Cause my AC is broke. I also hear a swirl noise when I rev and launch at 2.5k rpm hmm. repair time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i just did a major tune up, i also checked tire pressure on my car with a digital gauge to get accurate readings. i just filled up my tank again yesterday so it will take a few days before i hit empty again. hopefully it will yield better result than the previous record.

266 miles per tank is what i originally had before. in 3 or 4 days i'll find out how much mileage im getting with the tuneup. *crosses fingers*
Old 11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (::NirVTEC::)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ::NirVTEC:: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, I just seafoamed and took 2% from 1000-5000rpms out(via vafc) I am 1/2 way through the tank at ~175mi. I am going to get gas today just to see how the MPG is doing. I am going to be playing with (+) (-) fuel adjustments.
I have gotten ~450mi from a tank before. It was 70-75mph for about 6hrs straight. Right at 29mpg and that was making ~190whp!
I will check back later with results....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, 21mpg again! Seafoam didn't do **** for MPG from what I can tell. I bumped the VAFC up 3% from 1000-5000rpms. I think pulling too much fuel may have caused a little hiccup! going to be filling up every 1/2 tank so I will keep you guys posted to my results. Im sure I would see 23-24mpg if I didn't drive the way I did. This is all about getting great MPG WITH my driving style!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:02 PM

I get roughly 30-34 mpg on the highway going 75-85 mph
Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up? (adrais)

5th gen last fill up was 24mpg combined highway and city.

Quick Reply: How many miles do you get on your prelude? whats your cost per fill up?