Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Prelude (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-prelude-4/)
-   -   Honda prelude sh supercharger engine management choice (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-prelude-4/honda-prelude-sh-supercharger-engine-management-choice-3238152/)

customs-25 02-07-2015 06:35 PM

Honda prelude sh supercharger engine management choice

So I just picked up a 2001 sh that is all stock with a jackson supercharger, the ecu is stock, I am not familiar with the sh I have owned alot of base models but not the sh model. Can someone tell me the best way to go regarding engine management, I was going to buy a aem v1 but could not find out if it would work with the atts, would a s300 work? Is there a better option over the aem and hondata? Thanks

snobordboy 02-09-2015 10:06 AM

Re: Honda prelude sh supercharger engine management choice

To keep ATTS you need to run engine control with a piggyback setup. I believe that there is a Greddy unit that works well, possibly the Emanage?

As much as I hate to lead you elsewhere, there are some other forums that have a bunch of guys running superchargers, and they might be a better resource for that question.

customs-25 02-09-2015 10:52 AM

Thanks for the help

B20VtecVillain 02-09-2015 10:54 AM

Emanage Ultimate from Greddy, Haltech also has good offerings but can get very pricey.

RattyMcClelland 02-09-2015 12:54 PM

I run the Emanage Ultimate on my JRSC Supercharged Type S.

To be honest its a pain in the ass. It just does not run great. The Stock ECU fights the Greddy and the tune runs lean in certain situations. When in open loop mode when the stock ECU is just running off a mapand the Greddy can take complete control its perfect. But for the rest of the time there are alot of fuelling issues.

Now you could say its not fully tuned properly and i will agree but im in the UK and the last tuner that would touch the Emanage ultimate has just shut down. So i have had no other choice than to ditch ATTS, convert to a good old helical LSD and remove all ATTS trickery. Even my active abs has to go. And run a chipped Neptune p28.

gstrudler 02-13-2015 07:27 PM

eManage Ultimate will be the easiest choice to keep your ATTS and is what came with the JR kit. How are you running a s/c with no tuning??

I'm currently running it n/a and it works well. Ratty, any competent tuner should be able to tune an EMU just like anything else, I don't know why people are afraid to touch it.

I've always wondered about running parallel ECU's (ie AEM EMS controlling fuel & spark and stock ECU running environmentals, ABS, ATTS, etc), but I haven't seen anyone do it and don't know how it would work out. In theory it should work, but reality is always a different animal.

thathondadude 02-20-2015 12:16 PM

Run a p28 with hondata